Bleeding The Brakes

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so ive done some searching around but im getting mixed info here about bleeding the brakes . some old school people say bleed furthest to nearest from MC others say follow the Manual and bleed in cross pattern . i have a 2000 EBP EM1 , im debating whether or not i should follow the Factory Service Manual or these threads ? also according to the manual i should "only use HONDA BRAND DOT 3 fluid" , but since im replacing my lines for stainless braided Goodrige lines what would your opinions be on using this Superblue DOT 4 stuff ?? http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/ate/ate_superblue_fluid.jsp . my upgraded set up will = Brembo Blank Rotors ALL AROUND , Akebono Ceramic Pads ALL AROUND and goodrige stainless braided street performance lines ALL AROUND ,,, the EM1 has NO ABS ... need info and opinions TIA

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the dot 4 is fine. the dot 3 is fine. just choose one and DONT mix them.

bleed: right rear, left front, left rear, right front.

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the info . now im asuming i have DOT 3 in the car since everythings been stock since i got it . i was thinking of getting the superblue wich is DOT 4 i would have to drain the whole system untill its all filled with DOT 4 correct ???