Blower motor issue on a 04 dodge stratus

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Yea yea this is a civic forum so sue me lol.

I woke up this morning n my ol lady told me that her heat stopped blowing last night when she went to pick up a friend.

So I gather up the strength to go check it it ( I have the flu ). I start the car n turn the heat on l. Nothing. Try the a/c. Nothing. I can hear the blends doors working when I change blower directions.

I check the fuse n the fuse is fine. I pulled out the unit n checked for a loose connection n everything was fine. I even have a spare unit n that didn't make a difference.

I poked around under the pass anger side dash to see how much of a pita it was gonna be to replace the blower motor. Try putting the heat on n still got nothing.

I look online to see how much a new blower motor is gonna cost me. $62 n its in stock at advance. I take a ride their n the tell me they need to order it n its $102 wtf. They said the one for $62 is for a coupe. I order it anyways cause I'm not in the mood to deal with s**t.

Get home n decided to try again n now the blower motor works. Wtf.

Any ideas of what's going on?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

gnos402

Does it work on high speed at all it may be a resistor (controls fan speed) But, my personal preference is to change the resistor with the blower at the same time. Hope this helps

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
When it wasn't working it wasn't working all no matter what setting it was on. I don't see any need to replace the actually blower motor it self as it actually started working again but I'll look into the resistor. Thank you

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="stratus"]P2uUDkMYtrQ[/YOUTUBE]