blowing white smoke when revved

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes all hondas are interference motors but that has nothing to do with this issue
the reason I asked was just concerning valves...which with the knowledge I now have I understand that isn't the problem.

with smoke and wut not comin from the crank case like dat...im bettin rings

truckson

5+ Year Member
the reason I asked was just concerning valves...which with the knowledge I now have I understand that isn't the problem.

with smoke and wut not comin from the crank case like dat...im bettin rings
so it's not normal for some level of smoke to be puffing out of there at idle? it was a pretty small amount

truckson

5+ Year Member
oh, also, a little bit of smoke came out of the engine when revved with the oil cap and everything closed. it looked like it was coming from the area where the valve cover thing meets the actual block or whatever, and it was quite a small amount

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I'd bet the farm on rings. Sounds like too much crankcase pressure...What you need to do is have a compression test/leakdown test run. That will let you know exactly...buuuuuut I'm bettin rings

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Leak down test should be able to tell you where the pressure is coming/going. My bet is the oil rings around your pistons.

truckson

5+ Year Member
ok thanks guys, i'll have a compression test done by one of my friends who work at the VW dealership or by my mechanic, i guess

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Leak down test...