Blown d17a1 Motor Need d17a2!

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
Auto EX motor with LX Manual transmission

I blew my 02 lx mt coupe yesterday and now I am looking at 45,000 mile engines and salvage vehicles. Do you all have any suggestions on a way to get a good motor at a good price. If I go with salvage I want to try to find a model that I can use as many of the parts on mine as possible. I already now for that I need 01-03 for most stuff but I noticed the 01 has a different cup holder and headlights so Im guessing 02-03 but I know the cluster is different in the 03 but that can be adapted. I am mainly worried about exterior body style changes and I want an ex with preferrably 50,000 -100,000 miles. What big changes in 01 and 03 would prevent me from using parts on an 02. Do I need to worry about getting a vtec from an automatic transmisson and putting in with my manual (changing wires anything). Any suggestions on anything would be greatly appreciated this is my primary and only vehicle so I am stuck currently paying gas for rides.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
First you need to get your mind out of first gear and kick it up a notch man. You're crazy if you're going to pay for a stock motor! You should have ZERO trouble finding a stocker on craigs for damn near free or free plus haul away. If you want to pay good money for another motor, UPGRADE! At least even a little bit! Where in TX are you from? If you're anywhere in the east you're literally hours at the MOST from any engine you could possibly want.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I already bought a salvage EX with an automatic transmission and I want to put the EX motor in my LX. My LX is a Manual though and I do not know if the auto EX ECU will work with a Manual transmission from an LX. I have never done an engine swap and I do not have a lot of funds so I decided against a K-swap. I am going from the non-vtec to a vtec-e (12 more horsepower stock).