Blown D17A2; Going for Crazy SWAP!

Four_01

I have a blown d17a2 and i want to do a swap. Now I dont really want to do a Kswap tbh I want to do a Fswap. Now Ive never heard of this being done before but Im willing to go for it but would like to know if anyone has some knowledge of it even being possible to drop one in. To be specific I want to swap a F20C FWD with its six speed transmission and possibly a turbo.

I have also heard of taking the correct accord transmission and using that instead for the fact that most S2000 are RWD. I need some help and and I all ready understand that soem fabricating and customizing may be needed but if any one wants to give their advice and share their knowledge it be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Just so you know... If it's a Honda, it's been done before. We all know not everyone is part of a forum or posts pics of their cars online so if you google "F20 Civic" and 10 cars come up on the first page, you can bet 100 have already been done and never posted. Be that as it may, don't be discouraged. Swap until you can't swap no mo! LOL

DO WORK! :thumbs up

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Something about using an Accord trans though he does say "most" S2000's so who knows... Either way, it's a Honda, it's been done .... Although I searched space shuttle engine swap in EG and oddly enough nothing came up. :what:

Four_01

Alaska b16 you get what I mean. I've heard of people swapping transmissions from an accord to convert it to FWD not sure though how accurate this is. I want to try this swap so bad and I bet it would hurt a few Kswapper feelings to be honest once that turbo is put on. I got a few questions now for all of you who are following. Is their a diagram for the motor and trans mounts for a S2000 that someone could post up? maybe I'll start putting what pieces I can together. One more thing, if someone could help me look for a thread or just some info on using that said " accord transmission with a S2000 engine".

Still if, anyone finds something specific on this swap post it up. Thanks everyone, I like this forum a lot better then the others. There are actually people who want to help and are honest without being an a*****e about it, so once again thanks all of you!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im an a*****e, but i like to help when i can.

I think this could be a cool swap. Ill do some searching...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I doubt you'll hurt any K swapped Civics feelings for one. Two, different isn't always better and usually always means more $$$. It'd be a cool swap that's for sure but i dont think anyone will be holding their breath. I mean, if you cant even search your own build info, how are you going to figure out mounts, ecu, wiring,... Again, cool idea, poor planning and lack of knowledge. Dont go buying parts until you have it down on paper 100% how its going to come together and most of all, work. Of course if has been done and fully documented online, well then bingo. You're golden!

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Inline pro sells the whole swap kit. Its called an f2k....similar to the h2b....use thef20c and bolt it to the k series transmission

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Inline pro sells the whole swap kit. Its called an f2k....similar to the h2b....use thef20c and bolt it to the k series transmission
Looking at the cost of this kit, this build will run easy in excess of $6k in my opinion. That kit is just the mounts and adapters for lining the block up, and clutch/flywheel. That doesn't include the driveshaft adapter, axles, custom wiring harness with adapters, and you still have to factor in the engine and trans. There is a reason you don't see this often: it requires almost completely rebuilding the damned car. I can respect that you want to do something different, but do some hardcore research, OP. This is one hell of a task.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never said it was easy.....its basically the same as evolutions h2b kit. But to do this you would have to have a very good background in fabrication and automotive electrical wiring and systems....without those you might as well forget it and just swap in a k20.. Saveyourself the hassle in this kind of swap....unless you have very very deep pockets....cuz to do a swap like this you could buy a usdm k20, build and boost it for probably cheaper than what you could do this alone....just saying

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait wait wait....a F2K in a 7th gen chassis? I can only imagine the firewall clearance issues. This is going to need custom fabrication all around. Prepare to measure and record your own specs to make this happen.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a fully built G23vtec
Wiseco K20 pistons 12.8:1 and their valve reliefs
Skunk2 Pro 3 cams and cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs and titanium retainers
52mm TWM ITBs.
Kaizenspeed balance shaft removal kit
tuned.........
so that you can have cammed k24 power lol.
it's more fun to do all that work though than put in a cam.

tru story. also i dunno what the cost dif would be but the g23 is just a interesting build to me. putting a s2k engine is a civic is a crime imo :P i'd rather see that in a miata than a civic

Four_01

this is one swap that will have to wait but I have even asked the pro's from Honda Tuning, Hybrid Racing, and Inline Pro. they all told me the same thing. NEVER HEARD OF, GOOD LUCK. Inline even tried to make a sale when Im not sure on anything. Well Im going to wait and do some more research Ive found one trail of this unheard of swap but its in another language. go figure :/ But anyways one of the issues that everyone is saying is the fabrication its not the problem of making something and/or building stuff to make it work a big problem for me would be the wiring and elecrical work. That is a completly different animal for me lol. Like I said if anybody comes across some info please, Show and Tell. Thanks again!!