Body shop EP3

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Ok so i picked this car up a while back and it was COVERED in stickers EVERYWERE! I hated it so i decided i would start on fixing it when i was finally settled in from moving. Now that time is here so ill give you the quick run down on why and what i will be fixing.

The previous owner when to the most back yard body shop he could find i'm guessing bc this work is pathetic. He bought a Type R front lip and had it molded to the front bumper... Bought Type R side skirts and had them drill holes in the side of the car to mount them...... The back bumper needs repaired or replaced bc when he first got the buddyclubs on and lowered it he went threw a auto car wash and the sprayer that goes from front to rear under the car grabbed the stock muffler and ripped it and the back bumper off the car..........

The "body shop" did not properly prep for paint nor did they scuff the old clear coat properly . Therefore the new paint (that is the wrong shade of silver) is flaking of like nobodies business. Shortly after the body shop was finished. He scrapped his new molded front lip pulling into a parking lot creating this really lovely crack all the way across the seam of the mold for the lip.. Hmm what to do.. (DING DING DING!!) STICKERS!!! So he spends about 50$ on a ass tone of stickers and covers the crack up while also supporting the lip to the bumper.. lol

Ok now that your on track with "the story" I dove into this the other night and this is how far i got.

Where it was cracked

Thank god they didn't mold the bottom lol

After the bolts were off i just had to carefully persuade it lol

Can see the lip of putty left on the bumper. Tried to use my knife so you would get a good idea

And after a lot of peeling with the half ripped stickers left on the bumper.

Even too the paint off in places. (What happen's when you do shitty prep work and don't scuff well)

And whaala.

Will update as i do more.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SAVE IT!

Another EP3 on the boards, I like it :Thumbs up

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good work so far, at this rate u'll have it looking clean again in no time

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Lol Thanks and yea iv still got a bit more to do haha but once we get our air compressor hoked it its should start going by a lot faster.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up to getting rid of the sticker bombing. I can dig some stickers but anything more and it's not my cup of tea.