brake light problem! the brake lights outside the car will not turn off?

tjcharm

brake light problem! the brake lights outside the car will not turn off? the fluid is full. inside brake sensor does turn on. anyone no what could be wrong? its a 03 civic 4dr lx

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
Don't worry!

I have had this problem. More than likely the rubber stopper on your brake pedal is worn or missing. Go out to your car and follow the metal on your brake pedal up until you find a rubber stopper or piece of metal with a hole in it. The rubber stopper hits a sensor when you brake pedal is not being pressed. This sensor tells the brake lights you are not pressing your brake pedal. If it is worn or missing it will not hit this sensor and the brake lights will stay on, which can cause your battery to die!!

Let me know if this helps!!!

tjcharm

thanks i checked it out. but the stopper was still there and hitting the sensor. do you think it could need a new sensor.

tjcharm

actually it was not hitting the sensor my friend misunderstood me on what to type.so do u no where i can get a new stopper. or a way to fix it?

gugiey

Registered VIP
Honda should sell them.
Ive also heard of people using a nut and bolt. Z

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
sorry it took so long had to get another civic in MA from TX. I got mine at like napa oreillys or autozone cant remember it has been a while. I would not go to the dealer unless its not an outrageous price.

Anything will work I have heard of someone taping a penny over the hole!

tjcharm

hey guys thanks for all the info! i ended up going to the dealer it was only $2.49 or something. installed myself of coarse. it was no problem.