brake lights not working

mcjr450

My parking lights and head lights work but my brake lights hazard lights cruise control and horn all went out at the same time.. ive changed all the fuses all new bulbs and went though 2 brake light stop swithes. Im not getting any power to the the horn stop fuse under the hood and no power to the stop switch.. the o e thing I have done to the car befor it all went out was put a new stereo in the car but these things didnt go out right after it was about 2-3 weeks later. Im completely stumped ive done days and days worth of resarch and have tried checking for ground wires or even a loss wire somewhere to the best of my abilities. I dont know what else to do.. ill take any suggestions at this point.. please help me I cant afford a mechanic

RonJ

Banned
Sounds to me like hood fuse 7 is blown. Does it have battery voltage on both test tabs?

mcjr450

Ive replaced all the fuses under the hood.. I just went out and double check and stuck a new 15a fuse in it and still nothing.. I tried testing it with a light up meter and im not getting any power to it eather.. I get nothing for fuses 5 7 and 8 new fuses no power

RonJ

Banned
im not getting any power to it eather

What exactly does this^ mean? Be precise if you want help.

Did you click the Fuses link in my signature? Describe exactly how you are testing for voltage on each test tab of fuse #7.

mcjr450

I used a probe tester I clpped to the ground.. I had someone push the brakes while I probed each fuse.. the probe lights up on fuses that are getting power and dosent light up at all for the horn stop fuse.. ive tried it with the brake pedal in and car on and with the car off.. im not very good with anything electrical so if im doing this wrong please let me know.. I mean "it seems im not getting power to that fuse" ive checked both sides of the tabs

RonJ

Banned
I used a probe tester I clpped to the ground.. I had someone push the brakes while I probed each fuse.. the probe lights up on fuses that are getting power and dosent light up at all for the horn stop fuse.. ive tried it with the brake pedal in and car on and with the car off.. im not very good with anything electrical so if im doing this wrong please let me know.. I mean "it seems im not getting power to that fuse" ive checked both sides of the tabs
1) The only relevant fuse here is 15A hood fuse 7.

2) Don't press the brake pedal when you test fuse 7.

3) Voltage test BOTH top tabs of installed fuse 7. Does either tab have voltage?

mcjr450

Yes ive tested both sides of the tabs pedal in and out car on and off every which way I could possible think of to get this thing to light up.. ive tried a few 15A fueses and even 20A I know that it dosent make a diffrence but I did it anyway.. so no im not getting any voltage to it at all

RonJ

Banned
If your information is accurate, your hood fuse box is bad and needs to be replaced.

mcjr450

That is def something I can do.. I've got a couple good pic a parts around.. I'll def do pick one up cuz I really feel like I've done everything else and I'm out of any other option at this point.. So within the next couple days I'll make my way to the pick a part and replace the fuse box.. I'll let you know how it goes eather way.. I know that getting a used part isn't 100% that it'll work but I'm gonna take that chance for now and go from there