1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

brake lights stay on! help!

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by Kaviq89, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Kaviq89

Kaviq89 New Member 5+ Year Member

i have a 2000 EX and my brake lights stay on even though my car is turned off they stay on unless I disconnect my battery.

2. Ej8Turbo

Ej8Turbo New Member

brake switch?

3. civicmand16y7

civicmand16y7 New Member Registered VIP

yeap thats what im thinking to

4. civic209

civic209 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

maybe a possible ground problem

5. Kaviq89

Kaviq89 New Member 5+ Year Member

i asked around and i was told something behind the brake that is engaged so it says the brake is still applied. would that be the brake switch?

6. Jolting

Jolting New Member

Yes it would be.

all from http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=189920