Brake Pedal Switch

Mewtard

Ok so after changing out my clock spring and trying to swap out my cruise control actuator I read some forums about brake pedal switch issues. So I look under the dash and sure enough I find some rigged up duct tape and spacer bulls*** on top of the switch. I pull it all off only to find that my pedal will not reach the switch when it rests and now my brake lights are on constantly. I have placed a spacer in there until I can attempt to work on it again tomorrow so that my battery doesnt die. So I guess Im wondering what I can do to make the pedal rests on the switch like its supposed to and Im hoping this will fix my cruise control issue as well. Any ideas?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You shouldn't have to rig it up to work like it was originally designed to. Is your pedal assembly stock?

Mewtard

Upon more research I have learned that there should have been some plastic piece inside the hole of the pedal that depresses the brake pedal switch. There is just a hole there and I assume I just need to insert a plastic push pin for an easy fix. Everything looks stock, nothing fancy. I am assuming this will not fix my cruise control issue but at least my break lights will work correctly again.