1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Brak's 98 EX

Discussion in '6th Gen Honda Civic Builds / Show Offs' started by Brak, Mar 5, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Brak

Brak Respected

Final piece of the exhaust has been installed
    [​IMG]

Also, new stereo arrived.
    [​IMG]

Deck was the cheapest i could find, with the features i needed, and included the speakers as a package deal.
    not my first choice, but will be good enough...

My biggest pet peeve is bad wiring, so it was time to bust out the soldering iron & heat shrink.

[​IMG]

Final product
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    ctag likes this.
  2. Brak

Brak Respected

Well it's a crappy day, all rainy and cold, and not much i can do outside, so i guess perfect time to address the wiring in the car.

As you can see, a PO did a number on the wires, and the theives probably didn't help...
    [​IMG]

Step one, cut everything to a uniform length,
    [​IMG]

Working wire by wire, solder them back together, hopefully remembering to include the heatshrink beforehand :|
    [​IMG]

And Voila! good as new
    [​IMG]

ctag likes this.
  3. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Nice soldering work :thumbs up

4. Brak

Brak Respected

Well, now i'm at a stand still...
    I had planned on, installing the missing O2 sensor, going to the yard to look for parts, and pulling the front clip off this other car i found, but the rain is relentless.
    it's only noon, but i feel like my entire day has been wasted
    Stupid weather:cussing:

5. Brak

Brak Respected

ok, well i have no power on +12v constant (yellow), and my rear defrost button has not been working since i recovered the vehicle.
    I assume the two are linked, but i can't for the life of me figure out which fuse goes to what.

I mean seriously, this must be the worst fuse box i have ever dealt with.
    I'm completely soaked from the waist down, since the rain won't stop, and you can't get to the fuses without crawling around on the ground.
    and i've looked at ever diagram i can find, but nothing makes sense, every one seems to contradict the others.

by random pulling, i did find a blown 15a fuse (#28 i think?), but who knows what that was for. it didn't seem to resolve anything i was aware of.

GRRRR

6. Brak

Brak Respected

Apparently there was a fuse under the hood i wasn't aware of :cussing:

well, either way. radio works....
    hopefully it will stop raining by tomorrow, so i can do speakers.

[​IMG]

pmac193 likes this.
  7. Brak

Brak Respected

Since getting back on the road, I haven't been doing much to the car other than driving it...
    picked up another RX8 last month, so that's getting the attention...

Still not sure what will happen in the long run, but i guess it'll be my daily for the forseeable future.

8. Brak

Brak Respected

While at the yard today, i happened across an untouched '97 and i picked up a couple things :D
    [​IMG]

With the fenders off, i can see there is a lot of hidden rust. :(
    [​IMG]

and thanks to the horrible winters here, all 4 of the lower bolts looked exactly like this :cussing:
    [​IMG]

I thought i had some good "before" pics from when i recovered it after the theft, but i guess not...
    here's the "After"
    [​IMG]

Still looking for a good hood, but it went from looking like a Broke Ass POS, to just a POS :rolf:

ctag likes this.
  9. Brak

Brak Respected

also grabbed the mirrors, because whoever stole my car, broke the $hit out of them...

before
    [​IMG]

aparently coupes and sedans use different shaped mirrors, so they don't fit quite right, but they're 100x better than the one in the picture...

Also took advantage of the fact that the fenders were off and replaced the turn signal bulbs and hood release cable.

Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

I think i'm more excited about the hood release than anything else...

10. Brak

Brak Respected

Sorry for the Ginormous pictures, but Imgur changed their site, and you can't post using a resized link anymore.