Brand New Civic:mod advice

Afflickted

I'm getting a company car soon which means I can start working on my civic. I recently bought it new off the lot only 252 miles. Currently have 3652 miles and stock.

What should I be looking for to mod? I can work on cars to an extent but know just replacements of old part. I don't know anything about mods. I'm not sure what to go for first that can give me a boost. I don't mind having to replace other parts as well, but I just have no idea where to start or what's good in terms of manufacturers. Any advice is much appreciated.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd thoroughly read through your manufacturer's warranty before making modifications. On a newer vehicle under warranty I would steer towards lowering springs, wheels and minor audio upgrades.

Afflickted

I have a warrany through my insurance company. I asked them and they said as long as it's professionally installed. I'll have to pay additional for my premium but I'm covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles, and it has to be reported on the day of installation.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I fine-tuned your title to be a little more specific so you can get more helpful attention.

I say make sure you get everything in writing from your insurance company and thoroughly review it to make sure you know exactly what you can do. All it takes is one rep to mis-advise you and they use that against you to void your warranty. Once thats out of the way, come up with a more specific idea of what your goals are for the Civic along with a budget. Being brand new, bolt-on options will be few and far between. Upgrading internals, port & polishing, and things like that are likely your best available options for guaranteed results.

Afflickted

So what about upgrades like supercharger or turbo? I'm not overly concerned about the warranty as I'm getting a company car and will be driving that a majority of the time.

This will be more for show than a daily driver

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This will be more for show than a daily driver
Superchargers and turbos are not for show... they are for go!

...At the cost of a few thousand $ to be done correctly.

It really depends, though. What's your budget? What's your power goal? Does your power goal fit realistically within your budget?

Afflickted

I don't have a budget. Money doesn't concern me much. I just don't wanna spend thousands on something that's not necessary. I want something relatively powerful maybe hit 600 horse? I was just trying to get ideas for now.

What are best options for low price or high end economical options.

Show was like weekend drags or just a car show.