Brand new stock struts and lowering springs specific question

92civichatchy

Alright first post been searching everywhere for a specific answer to my question but can't exactly find it so I'll post this. I drive a 92 civic vx hatch, when I bought it over two years ago it was slammed 3 inches off the ground with struts and lowering springs. My civic is my baby I don't race it and it is my daily driver. I put about 80 on her a day at least. 40 miles one way for work. Decided to buy factory struts and springs because I was sick of speed bumps and s***ty la roads. Once I finished I couldn't stand how ugly it looked at factory height so here I am searching what would be the right spring to use with factory struts, should have done some reading before I jumped the gun on going to factory height. I'm definitely not trying to slam it again just a little drop maybe 1.5 inches or 1.8 at the most. I've read plenty of threads saying you shouldn't use lowering springs with factory struts, but with a mild drop like 1.5 inches would that still be too much stress for a brand new factory strut? Any insight is much appreciated, thanks guys

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Virtually any height of drop will wear out stock shocks/struts faster than normal. The lower the drop the faster the stock shocks will deteriorate. Therefore, your safest bet is to go for the most minimal lowering height springs. With that said, I believe your best match would be Tein High.Tech Springs because they only have a drop of roughly 1.2 inches and are designed to function with stock shocks/struts. The forum store has them currently on sale for $177.12 shipped.