Brightest lights.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I'm having a little trouble with my visibility at night and I'm exploring my options, looking for the brightest lights I can use. I'm currently using a cheap ebay HID kit in my stock headlights. I know it's horrible, but you live and learn. I've looked into sylvania ultralights, and a couple of other brands, but I thought I'd run it past you guys before making a decision. Thanks in advance :D

Edit: I'm hearing some great things about Phillips Extreme Power +80% bulbs.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I'm currently using some hella bulbs. Unfortunately I don't remember the actual ones but my low beams are bright as my girls high beams. I've been asked if I have hids.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I'm having a little trouble with my visibility at night and I'm exploring my options, looking for the brightest lights I can use. I'm currently using a cheap ebay HID kit in my stock headlights. I know it's horrible, but you live and learn. I've looked into sylvania ultralights, and a couple of other brands, but I thought I'd run it past you guys before making a decision. Thanks in advance :D

Sylvania is just a knock-off of Osram AFAIK.

Phillips XTP's are great. I used to use those before I did my retrofit. Osram Nightbreakers are also good. They're rated at +90%.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had to double take to make sure this wasn't a 10 year old thread. philips extreme are the brightest legal bulb you can get.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like how nobody can see at night in a civic with normal bulbs, but any other car, normal bulbs work just fine lol.

If I were you, is just retrofit the hid kit you have so that the light output is put to good use. Halogen bulbs don't put out more light than hid's unless you got a stupid high Kelvin rated set of bulbs.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should look into some piaa super plasma gtx or extreme white series, i will be getting the super plasma gtx as soon as my ddm hids burn out again since im tired of the glare and mailing them back and forth

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have had my DDM tuning hid kit for over 2yrs now and they are still working great... 6000k hi/los and never get flashed or bothered with em

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah my DDM raptors are going on two years now.the only problem i had was the cheap chinese relay switch going bad replace with a japanese relay.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like how nobody can see at night in a civic with normal bulbs, but any other car, normal bulbs work just fine lol.

If I were you, is just retrofit the hid kit you have so that the light output is put to good use. Halogen bulbs don't put out more light than hid's unless you got a stupid high Kelvin rated set of bulbs.
Plus HID optics (when used with projectors and s***ty projectors like eBay headlights don't count.) are superior to halogen optics. However nowadays, many cars come with projectors even for halogens and they offer good light output as well. HID's in non-projector headlights are stupid. It's not safe (for oncoming traffic) and your headlight is not properly distributing the light.

I just don't like my HID's in heavy rain. The water absorbs much more of the higher kelvin light than a halogen. My fog lights help a lot but I still hate the rain :???:.

PHAHEEM

Have you considered adding fog lights?

And what about your HIDs in your stock headlights do you not like? Just that the OEM housing isn't meant for HID lights?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your not supposed to drive around all the time with your fog lights on those can blind people also especially cheap ebay knock offs. also its illegal in some states for that reason.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your not supposed to drive around all the time with your fog lights on those can blind people also especially cheap ebay knock offs. also its illegal in some states for that reason.
Unless:
A. you're mounting your fog lights above your headlights
B. did not aim your fog lights properly
C. put HID's in your fog lights
D. more than one of the above
...I have no idea how fog lights would blind anyone. I have 55w PIAA bulbs in my fog lights that are aimed properly and they are not blinding (unless going over a hill and you're under the "cut off" but that can apply to any headlight or fog light). Other people have driven my car and I've seen it on the road.

But I have heard you can get a ticket for driving with your fog lights on if there is no fog. Which I personally think is a retarded law. I drive with my headlights and fog lights on during the day so 1. it looks cool :cool: and 2. I'm noticed more because people are horrible drivers.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no aiming,HIDs, and f**ked up reflector bowls from ebay fogs is what 90% of people have on there cars here. your rite there must be no logical reason why using fogs all the time is illegal.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Reading these forums I always learn something new, I didn't know driving with fogs on always were illegal, I always drive with them on
I have my headlights retrofitted with morimoto d2s kit using a eBay hid pnp kit in them and I think its bright enough, this kit has a cutoff plate that magnetically raises for high beams

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2