B's daily driver budget build.

Restotech

Respected
I bought this car cheap. 600. It's a 1995 si. Hindsight I probably paid to much. Most interior missing, no exhaust, no rear bumper, no a/c,no power steering pump, ect. So I went junkyard hunting and bought all the interior, ( except for carpet) bumpers, fenders, a/c, and a Manual rack.

Attachments

Restotech

Respected
IMG_20150927_141453307.jpg
Doin work. Swapping the rack and fenders. Couldn't stand those fiberglass fenders.

Restotech

Respected
IMG_20160227_105733151_HDR.jpg
List of new parts.
Intake valves
Head resurface
Brake and clutch master cylinders
Fuel pump and filter
Lower control arm bushings
Manual steering rack with inner and outers
eBay exhaust with Honda muffler
T-belt
Front wheel bearings and left hub

Attachments

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool, what are your plans?

Restotech

Respected
Cool, what are your plans?
I would like to finish the mechanical and interior and then work on the body and paint. It's stock now and will probably stay that way for a while. Eventually possible turbo or gsr swap. I already have a gsr head and crank. For body and paint I'm debating factory red or possibly a light blue or maybe a wrap. Ppg will be about $1000 just for the chemicals.

Restotech

Respected
IMG_20160702_143227349_HDR.jpg
Here is how it looks now with junkyard fenders and bumpers and I have wet sanded most of the car down to its factory base coat.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You know I have also been considering wrap, when done right its considerably cheaper than a full paint job and they look good. Just requires proper prep as a paint job.

Restotech

Respected
IMG_20160706_134853716.jpg
Got the rears on. Set camber with a bubble gauge and checked toe with string so as not to wear out tires before I do the front and get it to the alignment shop.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yours came with fiberglass crap fenders to haha. picked up a 89 CRX for $800 recently with fake J's Racing fenders rofl. cant wait to replace them.

keep up the good work