Building a CLEAN EK Hatch!

PaciDrifter

Respected
Picked this up 4 days ago! Really liking it so far, in very nice condition considering it's in Denmark where cars often rusten out before their engines even give up.. :(

Had to pay a little extra for it because of the condition, but i really like it, and it has been my dream to own a EK hatch one day =)

Here's some info:

Honda Civic EK3
Year: 2000
KM: 225.000
Engine: Original D15z6 (Gotta love that E-VTEC :hitlol:)
Mods: Cheap Ebay Coilovers, Supersprint exhaust and that's pretty much it.

Faults:

Clutch is very worn
Coilovers aren't the best, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?
Wheelhop when launching (no idea how to fix it, but maybe some EKsperts can help me :P)

Plans for the car:

Change the numberplate light and all the interior light for some cold white LED's
Getting the wheelhop fixed (soon!)
Maybe some better coilovers, haven't decided yet
New rims and tires in a few months for sure
New manifold & cat
Upgrade the audio system. Not anything fancy just a decent upgrade, it isn't a god damn disco! :banana:
Get the engine bay cleaned up and maybe a new air filter
Paint the engine cover
Maybe color the moldings silver, so it matches the car
Maybe new seats

Feel free to come with suggestions, i'm openminded

Sry for my english, it's not my native language :roll:

Here's some pictures:
These are the wheels atm.

These are the wheels from the previous owner, i just used this picture to show the car off a bit better :thumbs up

The interior is in really good condition as you can see

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Looks very clean man! To get rid of wheel hop you can fill in your motor mounts or get harder mounts, lower front tire pressure, and trial and error / practice with feathering the clutch to get it just right.

Since the car is new to you, I would recommend giving it a tune up if you're unsure of maintenance history. Spark plugs, wires, fresh fluids, etc.

PaciDrifter

Respected
:welcome:

Looks very clean man! To get rid of wheel hop you can fill in your motor mounts or get harder mounts, lower front tire pressure, and trial and error / practice with feathering the clutch to get it just right.

Since the car is new to you, I would recommend giving it a tune up if you're unsure of maintenance history. Spark plugs, wires, fresh fluids, etc.
The car just had a full service for about 1000$ and its all documented so it all looks to be good.. Will take a look at the mount in the weekend. And thanks, can't wait to post some more on clubcivic :D

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

PaciDrifter

Respected
Sooooo... it's been a long time, aaaand since i got the new wheels on yesterday, i thought it was time to post some pictures of the car in it's current condition. More coming soon! :thumbs up
IMG_20170319_121850_950.jpg IMG_20170318_153305.jpg IMG_20170318_153250.jpg IMG_20170318_153236.jpg IMG_20170318_153230.jpg

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never been a fan of the 99-00 front end, but the grill makes that front end.
Much better than the stock US market grills.