Building a Gen 5 Honda Hatch

Justyn

Ive been looking for a while to find a reliable Japanese car that I can do work on to make fast enough to street race but reliable enough to daily in the city (25 miles per day). Everywhere I search the trail points to a Honda civic.

I have a lot of experience working on Nissans and Volkswagens but I hear that Honda engine are like legos.

My questions is how expensive would it be (not including the cost to purchase a Honda) to make a 300-400hp Honda hatch gen 5. I would also like to know if it is possible to due with an automatic transmission, considering that I have to daily drive in Boston traffic at peak hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, Im just looking for some info, videos online have convinced me that I could have lots of fun smoking my friends cars in a Honda Civic.

Drakon543

Usually poking around during my "I have nothing better to do" times. I've seen a company level 10 transmissions if I'm correct that is referenced when trying to get high numbers on an auto civic. Might want to poke around and see what it will take to get the engine capable of that first. Be it a full build of the current engine or doing a swap. Then it will give you more to go on when deciding what to do with the drivetrain. They claim thier automatic transmission can handle up to 500hp(no tq rating shown). Looking at thier site your looking at 3,300 to 4300 bucks tho.

Justyn

Alright thanks very much for this! Im not sure if I want to put that much money into a tranmission, and I definilty dont need a 500hp car! I just need something nible and quick that will turn some heads and that I can daily drive through boston traffic. Also im pretty sure the only way to get the number I want is to engine swap. Thanks again and ill make sure to look around that company.

Drakon543

They do sell kits I think as well if you have someone that can do the work. Honda automatic transmissions are definitely not that great when you start adding more power. Some of them aren't that great stock.