Building up an Si, thoughts.

07RedSI

My gf has an 07 SI Sedan and wants to be able to play at the track with me. Personally I'm new to the import scene and would like to see her around a mid to high 13.

I'm hoping this can be done without FI or cams for that matter, I dont feel like tearing into the head and she wants to stay N/A.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, good luck.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With over 9000 posts I would think you would have something more productive to say then that.
You were just telling us your plans man. Good luck with that. im on your side. i hope you win.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Basically you're saying you want bolt-ons to get the nearly 3k lb Civic sedan into the 13's that runs mid 15's as is?

:thumbs up
Sincerely, best of luck.
Not without putting some work into the motor, it's not gonna happen.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Basically you're saying you want bolt-ons to get the nearly 3k lb Civic sedan into the 13's that runs mid 15's as is?

Sincerely, best of luck.
^ that guy pretty much just wrapped it up for you...but good luck with your build if you decide to proceed with the building of your vehicle.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sometimes I really wonder if any thought was put into the original statement.
It's like ppl jump on the Honda bandwagon, go buy some version of the Si and want an economy family 4 cylinder NA sedan to run 13's with some simple bolt-ons.
:what:

You want an affordable sedan that will come close to pulling high 13's out the box, get an e36 m3 or m5.

07RedSI

Sincerely, best of luck.
I had read the Si should be in the high 14's with a decent driver and decent weather conditions. I was hoping I might be close to that goal above with a new intake mani and sr, full exhaust, udp's, pcm programming and drag radials.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had read the Si should be in the high 14's with a decent driver.
Not just decent, someone who knows what they're doing, spot on launch and precise shifts.
High 13's I don't see happening.

07RedSI

Sometimes I really wonder if any thought was put into the original statement.
It's like ppl jump on the Honda bandwagon, go buy some version of the Si and want an economy family 4 cylinder NA sedan to run 13's with some simple bolt-ons.
:what:

You want an affordable sedan that will come close to pulling high 13's out the box, get an e36 m3 or m5.
Considering I was under the impression it ran a high 14 I think the mod list I gave should have come close to that goal. Either way its still a nice car and she will just pick something up to play with, not a big deal really.

She would need a little practice at the track but thats driver improvement, Im not concerned about that. It wont take her long to adjust to the track setting. She might be a female but the girl can drive. I

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what I have seen and read, low-mid 15's seems to be the consistent norm.

It will require a bit more work to get it into the 13's, some practice, money and more than some simple bolt-ons.
Instead of buying something else, you could put that money towards it.
But I assume it's a daily driver and it's always hard to have a daily driver that is your project/fun car.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Honda motors don't like bolt ons. 1-2HP with the intake 3,4 with headers n full exhaust. So $1000 for maybe 7hp is pointless.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honda motors don't like bolt ons. 1-2HP with the intake 3,4 with headers n full exhaust. So $1000 for maybe 7hp is pointless.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
K-Series respond a lot better to bolt-on's than D-Series. So with a tune, K-Series yield more power.

But 13's for a mildly modified Si sedan isn't very realistic without engine work or FI. Baker is right, usually they run 15's. Shaving off 2 seconds doesn't sound like a lot but it is in fact a lot.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All bolt ons and tons of weight reduction could net a 13.9

the FA5 is a "fat" chassis

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All bolt ons and tons of weight reduction could net a 13.9
Key word emphasized. But it seems like from what the OP has said, this isn't the direction he wants to go.

I was hoping I might be close to that goal above with a new intake mani and sr, full exhaust, udp's, pcm programming and drag radials.
One thing I forgot to consider was drag radials. If you're going to be running 13's on drag radials, obviously you'll be slower on street tires. You'll probably want a better clutch/flywheel as well.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I saw a gutted car run high 13's I'd just laugh