BWR front and rear camber kits, reputable?

ekprimal

I was going to buy a set of front and rear Blackworks camber kits. I'm not looking for anything over the top fancy like Skunk2 or anything. I just figured on putting in some GOOD camber kits that will do the job.

How are the BWR's reputation when it comes to cambers? I was going to order them through tunersports for my 98 EK.

thanks ahead of time!

$219.60 + free shipping for both front and rear sounds like a hell of a deal btw

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=199650

Unless you are trying to give your car camber to tuck the tires, you don't need them. They are a huge waste of money and they don't do what most people think they do. The marketing is deep with them and it is a ploy just like when they put JDM on everything to get sales.

ekprimal

also, i'm reading tons of reviews saying camber kits aren't necessary at all unless you track your car. My car isnt SLAMMED. but it has the tires almost tucked under the fenders. and the inner wall of my tires are being eatin really fast. i've had my tires for about a year and the inner wall is already bald.

People are saying get it aligned and make sure they adjust the TOE and I should be good. what are your thoughts? will a camber kit for sure help with the uneven wear of the tires? or besides the fact that they are meant for track cars.

how low do you necessarily have to be in order to NEED camber kits? I just dont wanna have to pay the alignment shop a visit every 6 months or so if the camber kit will eliminate that need for long periods of time.

thanks again lethal!

So after reading that awesome thread. what should i specifically ask of the alignment shop? "fix the toe. thats it. i have a lot of TOE IN. give me TOE OUT" ? lol that was a horrible way of putting it, but i dont wanna get jerked around for money because last time i got my car aligned the workers themselves said i should really buy a camber kit to help with the toe.

but then people across many forums are saying "just go to an alignment shop and tell them to fix the toe and you're good to go". idk if thats even possible to fix the toe 100% with a lowered car?

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First find out why things aren't in spec, then replace/fix parts that need to be to bring it back to spec.

ekprimal said:
last time i got my car aligned the workers themselves said i should really buy a camber kit to help with the toe.
The shop doesn't know what they are doing or you heard them wrong. Camber kit will do absolutely nothing to adjust the toe.

Camber will wear your tires over time but not extremely fast and mostly just wears it unevenly. Toe will scrub the hell out of a set of tires faster than anything as it is basically like dragging an eraser over the ground. It is like taking sandpaper to your tires.

The reason for a camber kit on the track is to give it negative camber to get more of a surface bite out of the tires during hard constant cornering.

Pic to show what each means:

ekprimal

First find out why things aren't in spec, then replace/fix parts that need to be to bring it back to spec.

The shop doesn't know what they are doing or you heard them wrong. Camber kit will do absolutely nothing to adjust the toe.

Camber will wear your tires over time but not extremely fast and mostly just wears it unevenly. Toe will scrub the hell out of a set of tires faster than anything as it is basically like dragging an eraser over the ground. It is like taking sandpaper to your tires.

The reason for a camber kit on the track is to give it negative camber to get more of a surface bite out of the tires during hard constant cornering.

Pic to show what each means:
awesome thanks man! when i go to the alignment shop i'll figure where im at with this whole thing. Hopefully my tires arent shot and need to be replaced. The inner walls are pretty darn faded. but not BALD.

I also read about washers and bushings. Do you know of any brands you would recommend? because i'm rolling on stock bushings from 98 and i'm sure they are shot. So I figured I would just replace the bushings and washers and then get the toe in check at the alignment shop and cross my fingers I can put this behind me for a while.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If they are down to or past the wear bars in the tread they need replaced.

Energy suspension makes good bushings. Only brand I have used so I can't comment on others someone else will have to chime in with other suggestions.

ekprimal

If they are down to or past the wear bars in the tread they need replaced.

Energy suspension makes good bushings. Only brand I have used so I can't comment on others someone else will have to chime in with other suggestions.
thanks lethal, do you know the exact bushings i would need? im at the site and there are numerous ones to choose from. also what about washers?

while im replacing all of these miniature pieces, i'm actually debating on buying bump stops too for my GC/koni yellows to replace the old oem bump stops ive been using