Bye 240SX...hello toyobaru

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone!

Been MIA for awhile, but mainly due to the fact I've parted with another one of my projects. My previous project was a 1991 Nissan 240SX that I've owned and built for about 4 years. After big life changes, I decided it was time to move on. I eventually parted out the 240SX, paid off accumulated debt I had, and saved up for a new car. I'd much rather get into something new and fresh, low miles, actually have a warranty, be reliable and also be fun to drive.

Here was the old 240SX:

Once all the parts were gone and the car was spoken for, I eventually purchased a 2013 Subaru BRZ. As much as I love older cars, it's time for something new!

Here's the new car:

Plans are simple: Keep it reliable, keep it fun, but have some fun with it.
First things first, got rid of the exhaust tips and threw on a Greddy SP exhaust.

Before: (dont mind the dirty car, snowed the second day after I bought it lol)

After:

Next up I got an OEM style front lip
Before:

After:

That's it so far! Only had the car a week today, so it'll take a bit to get further on mods. I saved the Regamasters from the old build to possibly run on the new car, but they might be a bit too aggressive. We'll see, gotta get suspension first!

Hope everyone likes it! I'll post updates as often as I can.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oooooweeee. That thing is nasty! Nice decision on the transition to the new vehicle. Those Regamasters might look pretty good on there, especially against the bluish silver color. Lip looks good too. Subtle but effective.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oooooweeee. That thing is nasty! Nice decision on the transition to the new vehicle. Those Regamasters might look pretty good on there, especially against the bluish silver color. Lip looks good too. Subtle but effective.
Thanks man! I'm trying to keep the car simple but enjoyable and not completely ruin the purpose of the car haha. Some regas and beefy tires with a subtle drop and it'll be loads of fun!

Meh... [emoji13]
You stop that!

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You've had some nice builds. I'm sure you'll do wonders with this one!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I loved your 240, but this is nice! That lip looks so good too.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm with everyone else. Your previous vehicles were awesome and I'm excited to see how this one turns out!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You've had some nice builds. I'm sure you'll do wonders with this one!
Man I loved your 240, but this is nice! That lip looks so good too.
I'm with everyone else. Your previous vehicles were awesome and I'm excited to see how this one turns out!
Thanks a lot everyone! I appreciate the kind words =) Had it for about two weeks now, and absolutely love it so far. It's snowed a lot in Colorado the past few days and surprisingly it does fairly well on stock tires. I definitely need to invest in a set of winter tires for the snowy months though lol.

Got another part in yesterday, OEM Subaru clear corners!

A few more pics from the past couple days.

And a pic at my work. Wanted to get a pic next to our 220x300 drill lol

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Corners installed. Flows so much better with the headlights, clear DRL's and foglights.
I really need to invest in a garage hearter..

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm from Georgia, and I have absolutely never seen anything freeze inside of a garage.

Wow :lol:

I'm with everyone else though. I can definitely understand switching to a new vehicle for the reliability. I'll be in the same position soon when I shop around for another daily.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm from Georgia, and I have absolutely never seen anything freeze inside of a garage.

Wow :lol:

I'm with everyone else though. I can definitely understand switching to a new vehicle for the reliability. I'll be in the same position soon when I shop around for another daily.
Haha, well it didn't freeze in the garage, just stays frozen haha =) But thanks man!

[emoji14]opcorn: :Thumb up: !!!
:ok:

So not much of an update, but decided to get rid of the dim OEM lighting and upgrade to cool white LED's all around. Here's some before and after pics.

Side markers, since I swapped out for OEM clears I needed to keep the lighting consistent.
Before:
'
After:

Doors before:

After:

Interior dome light before:

After:

Trunk light before:

After:

License plate lights before:

After:

Then I had to give it a good wash after all the snow we've had was gone! More updates soon, just trying to hold out until I register this pig lol

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally registered the car, and gave it a 20% tint job as a present! So much better.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This may be a dumb question, but how does the car "feel"? You know how volkswagens are known for that solid thud when you close their doors, being a sign that the car is well built?

Like that. I've been looking at an Impreza (not a wrx or anything) but haven't had a chance to go test drive one yet. It would be my first time ever dealing with a subaru.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice. I picked up the Frs for myself and love it. Good progress so far.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This may be a dumb question, but how does the car "feel"? You know how volkswagens are known for that solid thud when you close their doors, being a sign that the car is well built?

Like that. I've been looking at an Impreza (not a wrx or anything) but haven't had a chance to go test drive one yet. It would be my first time ever dealing with a subaru.
Subaru's and Toyota's have a great rep for properly and well built cars. The car feels solid as hell, no free play at all with steering. I absolutely love it lol

Very nice. I picked up the Frs for myself and love it. Good progress so far.
Nice man, grats on your FRS pickup!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry nothing super exciting yet, stopped on any car progress to install hardwood flooring in the house. So worth it! Coils will be coming next, then wheels. Wooh!
But till then, I reached 20k miles on the car, so I had to give it a fresh service.
Royal Purple 0W20, Greddy magnetic drain plug, HKS hybrid oil filter and HKS drop in filter!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. I want to do all of my own service too. I'm only at 5000 so I have a couple thousand miles left before the first recommended service. How much did the oil filter run you? Is it suppose to be better than stock? Did you hear that Subaru brz oil filters are about $8 and the Scion ones go for about $21? Not sure why that is. ...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. I want to do all of my own service too. I'm only at 5000 so I have a couple thousand miles left before the first recommended service. How much did the oil filter run you? Is it suppose to be better than stock? Did you hear that Subaru brz oil filters are about $8 and the Scion ones go for about $21? Not sure why that is. ...
The HKS oil filter was about 20$ I think, and here's HKS' information on the filter: http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product/oil/oilfilter/index.html, small details make it seem a little better, and since the price was right around OEM I figured it was a good buy!

I didn't hear that Scions were so cheap, that's very odd considering the powerplant is the exact same...maybe just branding? Who knows lol.

Nice car!

dump it though.. o___0
Coils are next!