Bye 240SX...hello toyobaru

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks a lot man! I picked up a set of R33 GTR wheels and threw two on to see if I like them. I kinda dig it...gonna throw the rears on today to see what it looks like.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those look way better imo

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ugh....so nice! I call dibs on the AVS' when you decide to get rid of them! hahah!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! They are for sale if you want them actually, lol!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man!

So the Model 5's are gone, but the R33's stayed with the car. I really prefer the 17's over the 18's. But here's a few updates!
I won these via auction and expecting delivery in a week or two. 17x8.5 +30 TE37 =)

Did my second ever service to the car, so I went with OEM 0W20 paired with a Greddy filter

Cleaned her up and took it to a Subaru car show. Was pretty cool and caught a lot of attention even if it sat in the parking lot haha

I was currently running 15mm adapter spacers which I thought were the smallest I could go. I recently found Project Kics made 11mm spacers, so I quickly sold the 15's and purchased the 11's. Not a big difference in measurement...but a huge difference in tire clearance. It solved all my rubbing issues which is awesome!

Now the wheels and tires fit pretty well and barely poke. I can drive it hard without any rubbing. First track event with this car in a week! Will have more pics then.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL no way is that place called kum and go?!?! that is awesome

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure, every concept I've seen of the next gen BRZ is pretty ugly in my opinion lol

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure, every concept I've seen of the next gen BRZ is pretty ugly in my opinion lol
the only pictures i see when i search concept brz are blue ones that look pretty BMW-esque. are there other ones that i am missing? i kinda like the look of the new one, little more than i like the current years.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I don't completely like the current ones, yours looks good with the R33 wheels and the different things you have done to it. But damn I mean Toyota and Subaru didn't want a turbo'd RWD coupe in either of their lineups? Wreckless millenials would of ate those up.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well the whole point of the BRZ isn't about power, it's about the feel of the car. I'm glad they didn't build something that is unbalanced and just to appeal to the wreckless millenials haha. It's a recreation of the old 86 which wasn't a power house, but rather a perfectly balanced car. From talking with other FRS/BRZ owners, a turbo pretty much ruins the 'feel' of the car. But then again, it all depends on what you're into. I'm sure sometime in the future they'll offer an option for a turbocharged version but we'll see. Only time will tell!

the only pictures i see when i search concept brz are blue ones that look pretty BMW-esque. are there other ones that i am missing? i kinda like the look of the new one, little more than i like the current years.
There's some images of a 'facelift' version of the BRZ floating around of a masked car, the bumper looks hideous and the stupid spoiler they put on it looks ridiculous haha. I'll see if I can find them

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice updates! BRZ is really turning out nice. Keep it up man.