Cam placement

Almosteasy324

So I've got a stock d15b2 that i just finished an entire rebuild on (main & rod bearings, rings, valve seals, rear & front main seals, cam seals, timing and alternator belts, and every gasket and o-ring i could think of except throttle body cuz it wasn't needed plus some other s**t that's not engine related) but i neglected to read up on camshaft replacement procedure untill now. I was wondering if putting the notch on cam at the 12 o’ clock position upon reinstalling was completely necessary since dizzy can only go in one way? Main and rod bearings were replaced with stock measurements including everything else and it went together fine, but i cant get it to fire. Was told it was 180 out of timing and i assumed it was the crank timing marks so i tore it back down and just got done redoing timing. #1 tdc on compression stroke, up is up and lines are lined up...I noticed my rotor was pointing at what should be the #4 cylinder ignition point.....is everything correct?

Almosteasy324

Oh btw I've worked on everything from big ass Detroit deisels(screaming eagle's) down to Briggs and Stratton mower motors, including some motors that people twice my age scratch their heads at. But this is my first complete rebuild on a Honda.