1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Can I put a k20 In my1988 Honda civc Hatchback DX

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by JoshuaBryanMcle, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. JoshuaBryanMcle

JoshuaBryanMcle JoshuaHonda

I have a D15b engine in my 1988 Honda Civic Hatchback DX. I want to know If I can fit a K20 in there before I buy one???

2. AllStockHatch

AllStockHatch Unregistered User Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

:welcome:

Yes you can.

3. R3dline

R3dline F*** you. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

yup, not gonna be cheap nor fun tho

4. mahalo

mahalo formerly egninesallday Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

if you have to ask this question then you deffinatly shouldnt attempt it without more research.
    not being a d**k just saying.
    but yes it will go in there.
    like redline said its gonna be a pain in the ass and its not worth the price imo

5. 2NRSTV

2NRSTV Team Exile/ADO Garage Registered VIP

^x2
    Just to mount the engine is a decent amount of cutting and welding or bolting depending on the mounts and your approach.
    Also, you'll have to figure out what you are going to do with converting mechanical systems into electrical systems such as the speedo system (you have a cable, the K20 has a speed sensor).

6. JdM EF bOi

JdM EF bOi New Member

YOU sure can but your gonna be spenden quite lil more then what your probly expecten to pay

7. civicmand16y7

civicmand16y7 New Member Registered VIP

do yall know how bad ass this would be....a k20 in a 88 hatch that would stuiped fast or scary fast...i would like to see in myself. if this guys say it can be done. hell do it

8. Jersey8

Jersey8 B20: Detroit Muscle! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

idk about scary fast. but it would be pretty quick

9. cybernetictoast

cybernetictoast New Member

You can do what I did. I dropped in a B18. Bore it 20 over, shave the head, and port and polish the head. You wouldn't believe how much that can wake up an engine even though it only goes from a 1.8L to a 1.9L. The compression goes up a few notches though.