Can someone help do a favor and measure?

vertech0

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, i was wondering of anyone with a 99-00 civic coupe could measure there trunk length. i have a 04 coupe, and im looking to get a 99-00 oem spoiler, i just want to make sure i can make it fit before i buy it. thanks!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It will look bad.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there were two different spoilers for the 6th gen coupe.

this one

and this one

if you are looking to get the second one, jst get the oem spoiler made for the 7th gen coupe, looks similar.

if you are looking at the 1st one, then one commeonly referred to as the Si spoiler, it would be about the same width, i just dont know if the body lines would match up.

the width is about 67 inches on both cars. and im sure the trunks are pretty similar also.

vertech0

5+ Year Member
i was looking at the high "si - ex" one. why do you think it would look bad? the only thing about the 01-05 spoilers is i think it doesn't look high enough.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The taller one is the '99-'00 coupe spoiler. The lower one is the '96-'98 coupe spoiler. '96-'98 EXes came with the short one, for example.

I'll measure though.

THe '96-'00 coupe trunk is about 47 inches across at the rear edge (where the spoiler sits). The holes are drilled about half an inch in, so they're about 45 inches apart (from the center of the mounting bolts).

It's going to look bad though. It might even make the spoiler look dated since it's so round compared to your car.

vertech0

5+ Year Member
hm, you think so too huh? i just wish that the oem one for the 7th gens were a little bit higher. i think they look to small for the car IMO. but thanks, i appreciated you measuring.

vertech0

5+ Year Member
FYI guys, if this helps anyone else out, i found both spoiler dimensions

99-00 spoiler
-end to end.......48.5"
-post to post........47.5"
-hole to hole.......46 1/4"
-Height......6 1/4"

01-05 spoiler
-end to end.......52 1/4"
-hole to hole.......45 3/4"