Cannot Find location of Fuel Pump

RowanW

Hey All,

Starting working on a 88 Civic, it has a dual carbi set up on it, which I can't find any diagrams for, and seems unusual for the year model. Looking around it appears it could be a "carbed sohc ZC" engine.

At any rate i'm trying to change the fuel pump, dropped the tank out yesterday and there is no fuel pump on it. The fuel lines just run out of the usual spot into the chasis and the port which is where most diagrams have told me a 88 civic will have the pump is just a blank cast. Nothing at all.

Also as i appears the usual in tank pump i'm likely to be sold asking for a replacement won't fit, what model pump should i get?

Pulling my hair out trying to locate the damn fuel pump, can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

RowanW

After a lot of bashing my head against the wall I have spied one of these little bastards hanging off the top of the rocker case near the OHC

I know that this is not supposed to exist on a 88 stamped Civic, but it's there. Is this little bastard a mechanical fuel pump? Is this why I can't find any fricken wiring or hear a priming noise?

Last edited:

303JDMSI

That be her, make sure when you replace it you get the fuel pump rod seated against the pump correctly.

RowanW

My next trial is that due to the duel hoses being so spectacularly old, they could only be removed with cutting..

and of course now I need more hose, and all the places I have tried thus far do not have the correct diameters

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!