Cant find 12V constant power to wire head unit

lurice01

stay focused. i have two white wires in ignition switch area. they're supposed to be there, no funky wiring here.. one goes into the switched side, and one goes into the supply side? both test 12v, but not sure if i should tap into the top one or the bottom one?

I know i need to focus on the switched side... the top one is connected with a pin connector, and the bottom one is connected with thick solder points.

about to go check if there is a pin connector that leads to that ignition switch down by the fuse box. thats where an ignition switch leads. correct?

95 civic

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You do know there's a plug and play harness that snaps right into the oem wiring.. its like 10 bucks

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do know there's a plug and play harness that snaps right into the oem wiring.. its like 10 bucks
This is what I was getting at?
Why are so many people having to sort thru the rats nest of wire to find the power supply for a headunit....that's the whole point of making harnesses.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You shouldn't be tapping anything near the ignition switch. This is why there are so many of these with rats nest wiring and hacked bullshit. You need to make a new fused link in one of the open spots in the fuse box, connect to the fused radio wire in the box, or buy an actual harness that does this and plugs into where the correct head unit power comes from.

Next time start your own thread. Searching is good for information but bumping a thread that is 7 years old and most if not all of the original people from the thread are long gone is thread jacking unless you are the OP and are adding or updating.

lurice01

i was just google searching for ways to find a 12v constant on a civic95, because i'm doing my first car alarm install. This came up, and i just commented real quick. Do you guys know about which white wire i would want to tap into in that case?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont tap into anything, buy an adapter harness that plugs into the stock harness then make a pigtail by connecting that harness to the radio harness

lurice01

I have no idea how i would go about finding an adapter harness to fit anything down there... Plus, i'm doing a alarm install, not radio.. Do you guys know about which white wire i would want to tap into in that case? I already picked a white wire and tapped it. I tapped the one down by the drivers kick panel that i hope leads to the ignition switch. it is 12v constant. Now i am looking for the door trigger wire/dome light wire. and the door lock and unlock wires. they are supposed to be greens but i cant find them. any help would be apprecitated.