cant get me wagon to start

bootsoda

I bought my wagon with push button start the starter was bad so i replaced it and now it wont start i made sure i put the wires back where i got them from on the starter does anyone have any idea why it wont start?

RonJ

Banned
So was the original starter fine and the problem is actually the push button?

bootsoda

I have no idea i bought a new push button toggle and a new starter and still nothing i have two wires going from my toggle to my starter one is connected to the ground and the other to the little clip on the starter

RonJ

Banned
Does voltage reach the button and the starter solenoid?

Does the large wire at the starter motor get voltage?

bootsoda

the whole car is wired weird the battery is in the back i just connected to wires to the starter both go to the toggle i have one wire coming out of my harness that wasnt put anywhere i would like to just make it have a regular starter if possible i dont see a benefit of bush button i just can figure out why it worked with the old starter i was just slippn so i wanted to put a new starter in

RonJ

Banned
the whole car is wired weird the battery is in the back i just connected to wires to the starter both go to the toggle i have one wire coming out of my harness that wasnt put anywhere i would like to just make it have a regular starter if possible i dont see a benefit of bush button i just can figure out why it worked with the old starter i was just slippn so i wanted to put a new starter in
You didn't answer any questions I asked.

And are you saying that you want to return the starter wires to stock?

bootsoda

yea i have power to the starter thru the large wire and i do not know if the selinoid does i think its supposed to when i push the toggle if its easier to make it back to stock i would rather do that

RonJ

Banned
Check for voltage at the toggle button, and at solenoid when the button is pushed. Then report back.

bootsoda

i am thinking it might be my battery is to low of juice but when i push it i thought i would hear it atleast try to turn over i have power to both toggle and starter

RonJ

Banned
Use a multimeter and measure voltage across the two battery posts. What's the reading?

Next do this:

Check for voltage at the toggle button, and at solenoid when the button is pushed. Then report back.

bootsoda

i just jumped it and it was clicking but then whole car shut off and i have no power to nothing i checked all fuses and there good what do u think that is

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do what Ron says. Get a multimeter and measure the voltage.