Cant get my window back on the track!

SexualChocolate

Stan Smith
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I followed the how to on how to get my window back in the track, but the window has fallen out off the track by so much, that I cant get it back on. The window is off the track halfway up the door and you cant reach it well from the speaker hole or from above so Im having a lot of trouble. Any ideas on how to get it back on?

I have a 99 Si if that matters

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe take the whole assembly out and reset the window on the track...?

SexualChocolate

Stan Smith
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X-aCuTiOnA said:
Thats the how to I was referring to when I said I followed the how to on this site. BUT it simply says:

"With the front track loose and the window down, you can now move the bottom of the window back in track by fitting it into the rubber seal in the metal track."

But Im unable to get more than half of the window back in the track, no matter how hard I try. My window has done this before, and I followed the same how-to but it seems to be in way worse condition this time. Maybe I should break down and take it to the dealer.

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you cant roll your window down all the way? if its stuck halfway up you can loosen the bolt behind the speaker and try and move the guide more over to the front of the car. Then you can plug your power window switch back into the clip and roll the window down then you can put the guide back onto the window and tighten the bolt. hope that helps but really couldnt understand your problem very well..

SexualChocolate

Stan Smith
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aaren99 said:
so you cant roll your window down all the way? if its stuck halfway up you can loosen the bolt behind the speaker and try and move the guide more over to the front of the car. Then you can plug your power window switch back into the clip and roll the window down then you can put the guide back onto the window and tighten the bolt. hope that helps but really couldnt understand your problem very well..
Thanks for the response. Sorry if Im not articulating this very well. The window will roll all the way down, and about 1/2 way up (typical symptoms of the window falling out of the track). However, half of the window seems to be in the track, and the other half is partly of of the track. Not to mention the back part of the window seems to be misaligned as well. But I cant seem to get up in there in the door to put it back on track. The bolt is completely loosened and off.

With the bolt completely off, should I be able to pull the track completely off the window and then realign it to put the window back in? Maybe I'm just being gentle, but Im a little hesitant to yank at it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like you hav damaged parts on your car. I wold recommend doing what you shoudl have done last time you set it back on the track.

1 - Once it's on the tracks, don't move it until it's actually fixed.
2 - Get the scissors replaced.
3 - Make sure the tracks are kept properly lubed.

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i have ran into the same poblem but the rubber in the track has started to like tear and so when the window is all the way down it catches on it and sometimes it makes the glass jump out of the track......so i don't know what else to do any advice?
i will be easier to take the whole door panel off because you have more room to guide the glass back into the rubber track

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
I took mine to a honda dealership/service

35 bucks and a warranty. =) Might I suggest finding a Honda Service center?