Car keeps stalling at stop light, jumpy ldle at cold start PLEASE HELP!!!

JinCivic

Alright, I have a 99 Honda Civic EX d16y8.

RPM gets alittle jumpy on cold start for about 1 min then settles down and idles fine all day and night long.

Another problem is the car stalls randomly at a stop light, it cranks over then dies right before engine catches on.

I have to let it sit for 1-2 mins then it starts up good then dies randomly at a stop light.

No CEL light on

Went to autozone and got my battery/alternator/started checked, Everything is okay~

This is what I cleaned today:

Replaced fuel filter

UPDATE *************

Went outside to check my fuel pump.... turned key half way to see if it purge and NOPE! nada! no noise from pump... checked fuel pump relay and it clicks, opened gas cap and told my wife to turn the key half way... no noise... called dealershop and they said it could be the main relay since fuel pumps dont really quit... is that true? what should i do?

New Spark Plug

Distrubitor was replaced in 2010

Cleaned Throttle body w/ new gasket

Cleaned IAC Valve

Kinda sprayed Crab cleaner around the intake manifold... no stutter on RPM

Driving me crazy!!!!

Please Help me!!!:x

Last edited:

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
have you adjusted throttle cable there is a 10 or 12 mm NUT buy the throttle body

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sounds like an IACV problem. If it is an internal electronic problem in the IACV, cleaning won't help. Make sure there is no air in your cooling system, this could throw off your IACV readings.

Main relays are also big problems, but I would start with the IACV. The best thing to do would be check for fuel injector pulse or spark when the engine won't start.