Car losing engine power

Restotech

Respected
1995 Honda civic SI
D16z6 mostly stock
A little history. I bought the car cheap as a budget DD. Car came from a storage auction. It seems it's been in storage about 10 years. No exhaust or rear interior when I bought it. Cleaned fuel tank and installed new fuel pump and filter. Put on stainless eBay exhaust with a stock muffler I sourced from a junkyard. Took car to get emissions inspected and it failed miserably. Compression and leak down test resulted leaking intake valves #1 & #2 and exhaust #4. Sent head to machine shop for a resurface and valve job with all new intake valves and seals. Installed and took back to inspect. Failed for NOx. Test tps. 1.9v at closed throttle. Replace and adjust tps. Car has a wideband o2 and egt. Test drive veh with ecu backprobed to monitor tps voltage. Car will lose engine power and go so lean it maxes out the wideband which is leaner than 18 to 1 when doing moderate acceleration only on occasion. It will not get normal unless I key off and then key on. Tps voltage reads normal when this happens. I'm down to probing the ECU for map sensor voltage and o2 sensor voltage at this point. Any experience with a similar problem would be helpful. Also this is the second brand new o2 sensor and a new cat.

Restotech

Respected
It's not the map sensor. Backprobed the ECU this morning and drove to work monitoring map voltage at the ECU. When problem occurred, map sensor still reading proper voltage. Seems to happen when lugging the motor.

Restotech

Respected
On the way home it lost power and went lean while just cruising and again while accelerating to merge on the freeway. I think I might have an ECU issue. Anyone have any ideas?

i would start at the fuel pump all over again man thats what it sounds like

Restotech

Respected
Problem fixed. Moved the oxygen sensor to the section of exhaust where 2 goes to one. It's a 4 to 2 to 1 header. Car doesn't act up and passed asm dyno inspection.