Car Runs great one day - crappy the next

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everytime I drive my car somewhere, it seems to pick it's days on when it wants to behave and run great while being the opposite sometimes. The car will drive smoother, won't stutter or bog in the little ways it does or the engine isn't as loud as it can be. What I mean by this is that the car runs really, really good somedays and will drive differently other days. I've replaced almost everything possible: Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Dizzy cap and Rotor, changed oil, New PCV, Cleaned intake filter, etc. I really don't know what it is. I'm not sure about this but I have noticied a few weeks ago when I checked the spark plugs that they were covered in white, not much but not alot, at to me that saying it's running lean. I've also noticied last week before I filled her up that when she was low on fuel in the tank, she drove perfectly but then when I stopped, filled her up and drove off, she wasn't as smooth but ran a bit rougher. What exactly does this mean and what should I be looking at here. It's just odd how the problem comes and goes, even in different weather and temps.

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you fueling from diff gas locations?? the times it runs shitty it could be from where you are getting your gas...OR with your spark plugs white either you are running lean/running too hot. check your spark plug gapping.

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gapping is dead on. Checked it when I last pulled the plugs!

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm starting to think maybe I don't have good fuel pressure because when i go to fill up, I really don't hear any gases escaping all that much cause my 90 hatch would do it all the time. You could hear it hiss everytime you took off the cap but not so much with my 99 coupe. hmmmmmmmmm?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
clogged injectors and faulty idle ait control valve, i just bought a new one from honda this morning cost me $160 with an employee discount im gettin it put on next monday i'll let you know if it fixes the problem, my car shows same symptoms as you

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, please let me know if it works and fix's the similar problem. Did you test you IACV before or did you just assume it was bad?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, please let me know if it works and fix's the similar problem. Did you test you IACV before or did you just assume it was bad?
i had it cleaned and my car ran great for a week then it started to spudder and s**t again so im assuming it either got dirty as f**k again, or its just faulty

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
change ur fuel filter?
this is everything i have changed to fix this mysterious problem...
spark plugs/dizzy/plug wires/fuel filter/02 sensors/ now the IACV all oem from honda nothing has worked we'll see about the IACV