Car shaking...loss of power.

90FIVEX2DR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did a search and nothing came up.

I was driving 95 civic ex about 40 when i felt a sudden loss of power. When stop at the light the car car is shaking like it want to die. Now when I start to drive it is sputtering. Won't rev past 3500. With my little knowledge of cars I thought spark plugs. I changed those and it stopped for the first couple of minutes after I started and then it started.

Maybe wires, cap rotor, dizzy?

Any help is appreciated.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, judging by what you said, sounds like a spark plug.....did you check them after it happened again?

Is your car leaking any oil?

90FIVEX2DR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is no oil leak. I'm leaning towards the wires. At least I hope it is. I can DIY those small details.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah don't stress it...try the wires, double check the plugs....and you should be aight...

90FIVEX2DR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went back out to check the wires and when I pulled out the number 2 wire, the connector was left on the spark so I'm guessing that's the problem. I kinda stuck it back on there so the car can take me to the auto store.

Thanks for the fast responses JEZ

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem man...glad to be of assistance (somewhat) haha

90FIVEX2DR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well the wires were pretty bad. They literally fell apart when I took them out. The connectors were stuck on the plugs. I feel a little more power with new plugs

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
new plugs and wires can make a world of difference.....

and :welcome: to the site bruddah... stick around

JDM Blue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your grounding points might be unstable or the electric currents are being cut somehow. check your grounding points and make sure they arent corroded, also check all harnesses.