Car vibrates really hard in first gear froma stop helppp plz!

Jdmekcoupey5

OK:( so my car vibrates really hard taking of from first[like my whole car shakes BAD] it just recently started to do so,its a 98 civic hx vtec-e.8lb flywheel exedy clutch and pesure plate,new throwout bearing,new fuel filter,those where the things people have told me it would of been but noop still does it any help thanks.and i actually been taking of from second gear,sence people think am a rookie when they see the car shaking so bad at red light lol its only in FIRST GEAR from a dead stop.:(

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like a bad clutch. If it's new, the flywheel and clutch may be contaminated with grease or oil. Also check the motor mounts.

CraigJamez42

make sure everything is bolted up tightly. i had that problem at a shop years ago where it seemed the motor wanted to jump out of the car.

Jdmekcoupey5

THANKS ALOT guys well i took it to a transmission shop the guy said clutch chatter? well ama buy a new one today threw ebay and bolt it up,i hope this fixes the problem and ama make sure everything is bolted up to torque! ill will keep you guys up to date on how things go,[just in case any other have the same problem]

Jdmekcoupey5

Ok so am not sure if to get a 6 puck clutch or stock? and should i just get the clutch sence thats whats messed up 'SUPPOSEDLY ' OR should i get a presure plate also just in case,but i know mines was new put on last month. am a lil comfused any suggestions? thanks.

Jdmekcoupey5

F1 RACING 6 PUCK CLUTCH on the way,and putting back the stock flywheel hope this stops the problem =l, if not I HAVE 98 EK COUPE 4 SALE LOL

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You absolutely do NOT need a 6puck clutch.....LOL.

Jdmekcoupey5

LOL why not? i got one on my lsv ef got the sweet spot on it ;). but any help on why my car vibrates in first? and now is studers all of a sudden while driving in all gears.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
who installed/who will be installing the flywheel and clutch? sounds like they don't know what theyre doing.

also, why go F1? you can get an exedy for the same price...

Jdmekcoupey5

Problem fixed'the fork was leaving the throwout bearing pressed agenst the presure plate lubed it up with white lithium grease,made sure it was going back and forth smooth,got the old flywheel resuferced took out the 8lb flywheel out,new 6 puck clutch[f1 racing] =l its an ok" clutch not very strong as i thought[my granny could drive it i bet lol] and problem solved hope any of you who had this problem that this helps'=]