Carb to EFI?

ispperformance

5+ Year Member
I recently picked up a 1991 Hatch, but it does not have EFI it is a Carb. I am looking to add a turbo to the D15 but I am going to have to get EFI in there first. Anybody do this swap, and if so what am I looking at as far as work to be done?

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your lookin at an MPFI swap buddy, just get the ecu, intake mani and tb, injectors, resistor box, some wire and a guide online to show you. You lookin at around like, 200 MAX for parts, and some pizza and beer (another 40 or so) to pay the people helpin you

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
learn to spell "mr_Mugen" haha, "performents" lol, anyways, the carb is the shittyiest thing that honda ever made for that motor, no power what so ever man. Just do the Mpfi swap and get a S2 intake manifold and then tune a D16Z6 ECU to work on there, and then do the mini me swap. large power gains there man

my_mugen

Official EF Gang
5+ Year Member
learn to spell "mr_Mugen" haha, "performents" lol, anyways, the carb is the shittyiest thing that honda ever made for that motor, no power what so ever man. Just do the Mpfi swap and get a S2 intake manifold and then tune a D16Z6 ECU to work on there, and then do the mini me swap. large power gains there man
hehehe "Performance" u mean ... :lol::lol:

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WTF?!?! "huhuhu"???? what, you laughing or sumthin? man u guys laugh weird

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all of u are noobs obviously.
its not carb its DPFI (dual point Fuel injection)

search good for DPFI to MPFI.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i know its not a carb, lol
Green, I know your a wiz at everything, really i do, but the DPFI is like simple carburation. The injects act like the thing inside the carb that gives enough fuel through gravity feed, cept that its an injector doing it. Only one injector runs until the other is needed, say for flooring it in first, or trying to go up hill in second.
(But then again, Green is super smart so listen to him too!!!!)