carpet removal?

mycarisslow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know this probably souinds like a really dumb question, but, ive always wondered, when you install an amp, how do you remove the carpet to get the wires under? Do you have to remove the seats? And how do you feed wires from the amp into the speakers in the doors? Im really new at this whole wiring scene.

Thanks

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This probably should be moved to teh audio/electronics/wiring thread first of all.....

I have a 00 Si, I installed an amp in the trunk, ran the wire through the rear seat, took off the plastic door runner things and ran the wire though that and into the firewall (power). That is only for a subwoofer though.

To wire the door speakers, you can get a kit that takes care of it.

mycarisslow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh *doh* yeah, wrong forum, sorry about that,
and how bout the rca's? and the remote wire? certainly you didnt run them with the power right? so you ran them down the drivers side?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ran them all together except for when I got to the kick panels, I ran the RCA and the remote under the glove compartment area to teh back of the head unit. the remote I always ghetto rig to the cigarette lighter fuse.

badgers

5+ Year Member
hello, sorry to steal this thread, but searching this forum this was the closest to my qestion.
Is there a good how to for getting from the head end with the RCA cables to the trunk for a 95 civic 4 dr sedan?
I have read that I should take the pre-amp cables down the passenger side and the power wires down the driver side(including the amp turn on lead)

details on how to get from A to B would be helpful, so are pictures.

Any links or other help is appreciated.
Thanks

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
for my car...im sure its very diffrerent..but i ran the poewr and RCA's serperate of course one on each side of my car....I have panels on my car where the door meets the body that come off. I just ran them under there and then to under the backseat and into the trunk...this probably didnt help at all but hey! lol

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use to be stereo installer at a company I use to work at. With the RCA cable question run them away from anything that has current going through it i.e the power cable. The RCA will pick this noise up and play it through the amp. I have a 99 coupe I ran my power wire down the passenger because the batter is on that side. Easiest way to get to the battery. I used a clothes hanger stretched out with tap on the end and ran in through the groumet hole located underneath the batter tray. I cut a small hole in the rubber groumet on the fire wall and stuck the close hanger through it. At the dash I removed the glove compartment and found the clothes hanger. I taped my power wire to it and pulled it through the fire wall. You can feed the wire coming from the battery first through the hole or you can feed it from the glove box. Make sure the ground wire has a good ground or you will get noise through that also. I didn't pull up the carpet I just ran wires down both sides and up around the kick panels underneath all of the plastic strips. I was thinking about running it down the middle of the car and keeping the power cable still running down the side of the passenger side. I am thinking about running my RCA and amp turn on down the middle of the car so I have more wire to use. Running down the side of the car takes up more wire. Its just a hassle to remove the center console and detach the rear bottom seat and I am lazy :suprise: