Castrol Magnatec & 1.5L 96

khahsan

Ok i have a civic 1996 1.5L exi and using caltex havoline formula engine oil for it. some one told me to switch to castrol magnatec as its an excellent oil.
problem is that the manager here at castrol office told me not to use this oil for my car as its too old. whereas castrol's website has a page with RIGHT OIL FOR YOUR CAR tag, and it recommends CASTROL EDGE and CASTROL MAGNATEC for my car.
what should i do ?
should i listen to the castrol guys or not?

RH2008

5+ Year Member
Granted i am in the U.S. and they dont sell magnatec here but from what i just read, you really dont wanna use magnatec in a 95 civic. it seems to be used for newer model cars with fancy gadgets under the hood. idk what your availability is for engine oil in Pakistan but i only like to use mobil one. it is the most expensive but ive found its worth the cost

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You have a D16 use regular shitty oil or whatevers on sale.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
1996 1.5L = just use the cheapest s**t you can find.

khahsan

u mean that it will not hurt the motor if i switch to castrol magnatec from caltex havoline formula..

Jolting

It shouldn't hurt it, but it really wont do much good. So long as it is the same viscosity.
Edit: Almost forgot, if your using synthetic and the other is conventional than don't switch. If your using conventional right now, you could save yourself alot of money by sticking with conventional because once you switch to synthetic DO NOT go back.