CC Shoe Thread

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bumping this for @oddeb707 's return :headbang:
Aww snap! I can't even recall the shoes I've picked up since I've been gone. Space Jams, Military 4's... Will get some pics later today.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went to the mall this afternoon and spotted these. Didn't even know they dropped. Early Bday present from my wife.

I remember these being released with the red patent at the same time while I was in high school. Always wanted them.

IMG_6925 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

IMG_6926 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

IMG_6927 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey shoe people... What would you recommend for cleaning sneakers? I have 3 pairs of sneakers I'd like to clean (Chuck's, Tretorn's, and Nike's). I don't need them to be as if I just took them out of the box but I just them looking way better.

I've read laundry detergent and water as the most commonly Google'd answer...? Yay or nay?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey shoe people... What would you recommend for cleaning sneakers? I have 3 pairs of sneakers I'd like to clean (Chuck's, Tretorn's, and Nike's). I don't need them to be as if I just took them out of the box but I just them looking way better.

I've read laundry detergent and water as the most commonly Google'd answer...? Yay or nay?
I've used laundry soap on my shoes and seen some pretty good results. For the bottom of the soles I use a toilet brush to scrub them clean. For laces you can tie them in a sock and run them with your laundry. White laces can be soaked in hot water with a little bleach. These are all things I do every once in a while.

I also have some foamy cleaner for my Concords that I'll try to find and snap a pic of...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've used laundry soap on my shoes and seen some pretty good results. For the bottom of the soles I use a toilet brush to scrub them clean. For laces you can tie them in a sock and run them with your laundry. White laces can be soaked in hot water with a little bleach. These are all things I do every once in a while.

I also have some foamy cleaner for my Concords that I'll try to find and snap a pic of...
:thumbs up Thanks. It's mainly the sides of the soles that I want clean. White soles look ridiculously dirty even if they're not that dirty. And unfortunately, all 3 of those shoes have white soles haha.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I use Jason markk cleaner with a brush for midsoles on sneakers. I'm sure diluted laundry detergent would do the job just fine. For suede you'd want a suede eraser (it looks like a giant eraser :lol:)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lookin to pick these up. I happened to scroll through my Facebook the other day and these popped up on an ad. I'm totally digging them. Not sure if I'd want white or red laces though.