CC suggestion

TauntDevil

Since this is the area for suggestions and all. I just thought that maybe i can suggest something here.

I am also a Nissan Silvia owner and i go onto one of the forums. Well for Droid, blackberry and Iphone users, you can use this app called Tapatalk. Free; you can view the forum and if you buy it you can post and all. I have it becuase the silvia forum has it and so does some other forums i go to so i thought i would suggest it here.

Heres the main page: http://www.tapatalk.com/

And for the forum administer, if you could please do this by any chance, would be awesome since i like this forum alot. Heres the page just to save some time of looking around haha. : http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin
You do have to register but... thats kinda expected so you can edit everything if you needed to.

If admin saw this then im glad, it is just a suggestion.

Thank you

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why would we want to do this when you can just browse the forum with your internet browser?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Because, to be honest, what's the point?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since this is the area for suggestions and all. I just thought that maybe i can suggest something here.

I am also a Nissan Silvia owner and i go onto one of the forums. Well for Droid, blackberry and Iphone users, you can use this app called Tapatalk. Free; you can view the forum and if you buy it you can post and all. I have it becuase the silvia forum has it and so does some other forums i go to so i thought i would suggest it here.

Heres the main page: http://www.tapatalk.com/

And for the forum administer, if you could please do this by any chance, would be awesome since i like this forum alot. Heres the page just to save some time of looking around haha. : http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin
You do have to register but... thats kinda expected so you can edit everything if you needed to.

If admin saw this then im glad, it is just a suggestion.

Thank you
Hello,

i think i get what your saying. I don't have a phone with applications, but it sounds like with one click, one can access Clubcivic, rather having to boot a browser then navigating to the web forum. Is that what your referring to?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hello,

i think i get what your saying. I don't have a phone with applications, but it sounds like with one click, one can access Clubcivic, rather having to boot a browser then navigating to the web forum. Is that what your referring to?
Then you pay 3 dollars to post.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then you pay 3 dollars to post.
Yeah. The application is 2.99, which does allow the user to post/edit replies.
Not a bad idea for those who wish to have this on their smart phones.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But why would this be needed, when you can use the browser for free?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But why would this be needed, when you can use the browser for free?
Sometimes browsers comes with alot of features and commands that one may never use or edit, it seems like this application get's down to the point.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sometimes browsers comes with alot of features and commands that one may never use or edit, it seems like this application get's down to the point.
I just don't see the point in this application, especially for the very small percentage of users it'd benefit.

TauntDevil

I just don't see the point in this application, especially for the very small percentage of users it'd benefit.
Sorry that it took me awhile to reply to some of these. Mostly the fact of it is for people who would rather not have to go through the browser and resize everything and all that, could use this app. Also its free to get for the forum. As for paying for it on the smart phones, thats all up to who ever wants to, i have it because of alot of threads i go to that use flash or stuff like that in which cant be seen in the browser of the droid unless you have 2.2 which is leaked somewhere... I dont know about other phones.

I just thought it would be something, since its pretty much free to activate and use. Only pay for those who want to post. If you have the droid i can help get the app in special ways. I dont want to get banned for not following the rules of this forum (No pirated software) which isnt in there but i know i could get banned so im not going to add it on here. Though its not pirated since it is mine and i did pay for it and all, but just in case... =)

It may be useless to some or it could be helpfull, just depends on if the admin does it or not. Ill check this thread to answer any questions or anything every night.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here is a VERY simple answer...

there are PLENTY of PDA type devices that do NOT browse the web well..

example.. my OLD blackberry did not really browse websites well, but i could download apps to access information that streamlined the process.. I guess this would do the same to people with underpowered phone based browsers..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree that this is a good idea. I hate having to scroll and zoom and the such just to try and post when on a mobile browser.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think its a great idea, i HATE having to use my browser to look at this forum thru the day, its basically a pain in the ass, the boxes are so f**king small, and i end up clicking somthing else, just my 2 cents worth,

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most other forums have this... so why cant this one?

yes it costs the end user money.. but it cost nothing to implement it into the forum...

so if you dont like it.. you dont need to use it... just go back to using your mobile browser...

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've posted on clubcivic with my BB 8330 with no problems. Takes awhile to load pages, but i dont mind it.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some members have seen my posts as denying this idea.

This idea has neither been denied OR accepted, it's still being discussed.

My position is this:
We have sponsors who pay to put their banners at the top. This app doesn't show this, which takes away from the sponsors.

The free version of this app takes away your ability to post replies, and send PMs.

When you pay for this app, the owner (JayJay) see's 0% of the money you paid, to use features, we offer for free.

We are discussing if we should use this app, or go another route, such as a mobile theme (Really simple style that strips the forums of all themeing and basically makes it super quick to download for phones.)

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm with JollyPants...just doesn't make sense to implement a system that would be used by a very small % of the community. Cuts the sponsors out as well as the owner...i wouldn't mess with it on my Pre...browser is fine.