CEL 63- Secondary o2 Sensor Circuit

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys .. just wondering, would a primary o2 sensor placed in the secondary position cause this?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I almost would say yes, because there is a reason when you go to the parts stores there's a primary and secondary.
I would think that each one is designed to read certain voltages from the emission that pass. :what: So a primary that's used to reading higher ratings of HC, CO, and NOx is all of the sudden reading lower rates of those emissions I would think it would throw a code. But that's just my thought.

RonJ probably knows.

efedupcivic

As long as its a honda 4 wire o2 sensor they are all the same. Diffrence is the lengths of the harness. I have a 4 wire sensor from a 92 dx in my 96 ex on a b18b. Also did a quick google & honda-tech search to back up my theory. Hope that helps=)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ Ah forgot about that. Good call sir.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright thanks man .. im still trying to figure it out .. idk what the problem is then .. i usually get a bogging down problem right before it goes on .. It's usually only when I go uphill, but my car will start bogging down randomly even if i get on the gas a little bit more. Then sometimes if I just keep going, it will like hiccup and accelerate again. Other times, it will kick on my cel and then be fine again. Then the other times I just down shift so it goes passed the rpms it was bogging at then go.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am now thinking that issue is maybe because of the need of a new fuel filter?

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not all o2 sensors are the same. The 2001 civic has an afr sensor and this is not the same as the standard 4 wire honda o2 sensor.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not just replace the O2 sensor? And how did you come to the conclusion that you needed a new fuel filter lol. Makes 0 cents