CEL codes without a scanner

FernandoSV

Hi guys, im new here. Want to know if its possible know CEL codes without a scanner, i heard something about a clip in the obdii conector.

Thank you guys.

Enviado desde mi victara mediante Tapatalk

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I never am in this sub but here you go

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, Will this work on Civic 07 coupe?

No. That is for older OBD2. Yours is pinned in the data link connector (DLC). You are going to have to google it and pray that you jumper the right wires or risk frying your ECU. Why risk it? Most places scan codes for free or just buy a scanner. You can get them pretty cheap now a days. Well worth it to save a very expensive ECU.

FernandoSV

No. That is for older OBD2. Yours is pinned in the data link connector (DLC). You are going to have to google it and pray that you jumper the right wires or risk frying your ECU. Why risk it? Most places scan codes for free or just buy a scanner. You can get them pretty cheap now a days. Well worth it to save a very expensive ECU.
Thanks, really welcome your comment. Maybe I got one on eBay, those that you sync with your phone by Bluetooth.

[emoji106] [emoji106]

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, really welcome your comment. Maybe I got one on eBay, those that you sync with your phone by Bluetooth.

[emoji106] [emoji106]

Most of those only monitor things like temp, idle, air fuel, etc but they don't pull codes. They are more for monitoring. Also pay attention to the reviews, there are a lot of junky knock off ones floating around.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I also recommend a code reader for sure.

If you're in a pinch, you can short pins 9 & 4 on the OBDII connector. It will blink codes ODBI style.