CEL on 2000 civic hx

rockyflip

5+ Year Member
I just purchase and 2000 civic HX about 2 weeks ago.Its in decent condition with 80k miles on it. I had to change the air intake because it has full of s**t on it (black gunk), sparks plugs, wires and rotator. the air sensor was just hanging out and not attached to the air intake.what should i do about that if there is no connector? After i did the tune up the CEL came on and its show p1163.Any ideas how to correct this problem. Im wasting alot of gas and there is no POWER!!!!! It really doesnt go past 60mph (most of the time) thank you for your time guys:

jcsm90

KiNg
5+ Year Member
dammm how much you buy the car for

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
I just purchase and 2000 civic HX about 2 weeks ago.Its in decent condition with 80k miles on it. I had to change the air intake because it has full of s**t on it (black gunk), sparks plugs, wires and rotator. the air sensor was just hanging out and not attached to the air intake.what should i do about that if there is no connector? After i did the tune up the CEL came on and its show p1163.Any ideas how to correct this problem. Im wasting alot of gas and there is no POWER!!!!! It really doesnt go past 60mph (most of the time) thank you for your time guys:
if the intake u bought has no connector for the air sensor then u either to buy an intake that has1 or drill a hole the size of the sensor in th intake with a rubber grommit to hold it in firmly

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
oh and take it to a shop to get the code erased. good luck.

rockyflip

5+ Year Member
I purchase the car for 3000 so i can have it for a project.Anyhow yeah ill probably just try to drill a whole in it. But do people actually do that on there intake to the air sensor????