CH33V5's Slow '99 EJ8 Build Thread

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Hey what's up guys. This August I picked up my first Honda, had always liked them but never really wanted to get one to work on til recently. Anyway, I picked up this metallic silver 1999 Civic Ex, only 113,000 miles, mint aside from 3 things at the time, a dent on the seam of the door, a little dent on the roof near the rear window, and then the door windows weren't functioning cause of the motor and tracks being f**ked haha.

But basically as of now I haven't done much with mods. It came with an intake and an Apexi cat back. I've done simple things like resistor chip for the intake, replaced the filter on the intake, got new 8mm NGK spark plug wires, new sparkplugs, advanced timing by a little, flashed the computer (My stepdad's helped me with that s**t, he works at car shop) and other then that I've also gotten some fake HID bulbs, new stereo and little things like that for little things. I also did the plate relocater, painted the valve cover and painted the steelies. That was all done before the winter, around October and November. Oh and I also got the windows working good now finally haha.

My plans are to make it a turbo Si replica. Slam it to the ground, get the lips front and back, some Dr-19 rims from Drag, and yeah, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. But here are some random photo's of the whip.

The ex girl washing it haha!

And then here's a little Video I forgot to add. It's a sound clip I shot a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRkEhtaFt3g

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like a good start. What are your power goals with the turbo?

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I'm gonna start at a reasonable 200whp for the power goal to start with. Then with more money I'll rebuild the engine itself and such to gain more power obviously ahaha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty clean. I've loved how Ej's looked ever since I seen one in real life. They're sex.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
How did you do the license plate relocation? I'm looking to relocate my to the same place you put yours.
Well I bought my relocater on ebay, it's basically just a bent peice of medal, one side having holes to bolt on the bumper (only downside) then the other side has the adjustable screw hole s**t for the plate itself. Here's what it looks liket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-License-Plate-Relocator-Toyota-Honda-Acura-Nissan-/280454421473?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414c62dbe1

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Random Update!:

So some ricer kids in this turbo Saab wanted to race, we did a 40 roll on the highway, and I won? Hahaha it was crazy. These kids saw me at the gas station, and laughed when they drove by, so I followed them, and sure enough the wanted to line up, so we ran, and I won by like 5 car lengths. What the hell?!

It was this, but a little shittier looking, and had gauges all over the place.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car looks great man N1 sounds sexy... Great pictures!

The only thing I gotta say is keep it to the track bro... Not worth it on the street, I can speak from experience, I learned my lesson and keep it legal...

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Thanks guys I appreciate the welcoming and the positive feedback. But yeah normally I don't race like legit on the streets or the highway, usually go to the 2 secluded streets in my city everyone races at but these kids were such ass pubes. But I gotta say my single cam VTEC made me smile lastnight. :P

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Update!:

So I got my Nokya light bulbs in the mail today finally! They actually look pretty good for 15 bucks. :P

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Just found my celebration video the day I got the Civic inspected hahaha.

[YOUTUBE="My EJ8 Burnout"]A0HiXJXwkQU[/YOUTUBE]

*Also my first burnout's ever done. :P

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Hey guys, was told today by my mechanic ass step dad that I'll need to replace my front brakes and left side ball bearing. He suggested we go drilled and slotted brakes, I happily agreed. He said he'd install that I'd just have to buy them. What's a cheaper but reliable brand?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Passwords got some drilled/slotted rotors not to bad, personally though If ur goin turbo I'd go w/ a willwood brake upgrade kit.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Clean start man. Not a fan of the exhaust but if you like it. And you dont need the cross drilled/slotted rotors. Brembo blanks will do great for daily. At most just some slotted rotors...

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Long story short guys, I blew the head gasket lastnight racing some fool's up this hill haha. Computer recorded the "VTEC failure" at 6200rpm, at 83 mph in 3rd gear. :( Turns out I was burning oil and literally had less than a quart in the engine! f**k me right? Well today we added some oil, did a little bit of testing and she should be fine to drive for a little while we get the parts for the fixing. Haha s**t pulled hard on that fool until my car literally was like "Yeah you're done". I'll keep you guys updated!

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome
Damn sorry to hear about that man hopefully it didnt warp the head. Its more of a possiblity if you keep driving it like it is.