Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for taking the time to look through it! And thanks! Its been, and will be, a long journey!

Mods, if this should be moved to "builds" please do so. The thread as started was just an update, its turned well into a build over time...haha. =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing new here with the car. Zero time to work on it.
Birthday present from wifey finally showed up :D

And the ole Ram was no longer a good vehicle for me. When I was driving the Civic daily and the Ram here and there to do Ram things, it was ok. But I'm retiring the Civic from daily duty and needed something better suited for daily duties.
Picked up this 2004 4Runner Limited with only 61,7xx miles on it from the original owner, via a used car lot. I was looking for the 06-09 body, leather and 4wd. But even in a 200mi radius I couldnt find any with leather. I actually went to this lot to look at an 08, with cloth as it seemed I'd have to settle. I found the 08 to have had a major accident, not on the Carfax, by looking it over. Shims all over to get the panels to line up. Just so happened they had just got this 04 in...and had about 25k less miles on it than the 08. It was everything I wanted other than year range...but really, its barely noticable the difference. They hadnt even had a chance to go over the vehicle yet. I went over it and told them if they would fix some stuff and give me what I wanted for the Ram, I'd make the deal. They got close enough with the Ram trade and fixed everything so I did it. I actually had planned on selling private party but they wanted my truck as they knew they could make some money off it. But I got close enough from them to make it worth my time to just trade and not deal with selling it. =)

First mod, since we dont have a curb side trash service, I needed something to take my bin to the county trash drop site...haha...

Overall, I'm very happy thus far. It was smoked in as I'm finding out after driving it some. But I'm working on getting that horrid smell out as best I can.
And yes, I broke away from Honda...haha. I wanted a Pilot, but the big problems with their transmissions really just being a ticking time bomb, and a couple engine problems with some years, I had to go with the more financially wise choice. The Pilot is more comfortable, but the Limited w/ leather 4Runner isnt bad. Cloth 4Runner was a tough decision as it was very lacking in comfort.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude.. This thread delivers!

The house looks awesome, the four runner looks awesome, the si looks awesome.

Everything is just awesome :lol:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I opted for pits. I was going to actually get turn 4, but thought this would be pretty cool to see.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Last night I had a few min, so I decided to get the back of the car up in the air and get the wheels off the car.

And then I ran out of room to stack wheels, in this spot. Only one more wheel, fitted with a tire, is in the garage and not in this stack. Good thing the other 6-8 wheels, cannot remember for sure, are in storage, without tires.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did a couple things yesterday afternoon...
Pulled off the Tein SS and swapped in the Type HA. Removed the driver side axel as the CV boot was torn and slinging grease...passenger will likely come out too since its looking rough too...but not torn yet. Also observed, the Buddy Club extended ball joint boots are cracking. Unless I hear or see any signs of failure, those will wait for the winter. Likely replacement will be MFactory. The new Carbing bar was also soft installed. Nothing that was done was hard mounted. The MCB part of the bar, well it sucks. The bolt that extends the brace to the MC isnt long enough to reach the freaking MC. So, I'm looking into a special order bolt that will meet the needs.

And you know how I know we never got the "EK?" Besides actually knowing...you can see here. Carbing properly identified the bar as such...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Last night I dropped the old ST sway bar and prepared the ASR to go up. But I am going to wait to hang it until I'm buttoning up back there. Next I'll probably take the exhaust off and then look at the diffuser install. I'm trying to look at how these parts need to go together and have limited rework due to interference. Getting the diffuser up, new exhaust on and the sway bar in place should close out the under rear section. It will be slow though as I'm out of town the next two weekends. I will rely on limited evening time as it is available...

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There was a guy in VA that had the same car, similar wheels. I wasn't sure if he had changed his forum name or so.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[emoji14]opcorn:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks =) Hoping work schedule will allow for my taking Thursday and Friday off. I'm hoping to get some stuff done then =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, the Spec 2 is up and fit, not that it was terribly difficult. As well as the ASR rear sway bar and tied with F7 endlinks.

As seen, the Top1 diffuser was mocked up. It has since been fully installed.

I also got both CV axles, one on warranty and one new purchase. So those are now ready to go up.