Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So there is a new track being opened this year just north of Richmond, VA. In a parts run for a friend, I stopped by to have a look at progress =)
Dominion Raceway

Much excite!

And to the baby side of things, we picked up the crib and set it up...

And when we tried to get the dresser to go with it, Target was out of stock locally. But the price that the employee pulled was much less than listed, in store and online. I called the 800 number and they matched the price and are shipping it to my house =) Oh, and the crib rang up at the same discount. Being that they were both originally priced the same, it was like a buy one get on free deal! Ha!

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Yeah, I got out to HPDE in my first year of doing any kind of tracking event. But life and money had kept me away from any other HPDE's. So I was getting AutoX and some Time Attacks in. I'm hoping this year will be much better for getting in some HPDE's. However, with the birth of my daughter in mid March, I'll likely not get out until June/July. But that will still provide lots of time to schedule what I can make. I'm really looking to hit the new track that is opening up near me (2hrs) and then hit ITR Expo at VIR (4hrs).
I hear you, I'm pulling 2 jobs to speed up the build and get out there sooner. It's tough but not permanent.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's been far too long for me. But there is much excite! :D

Fender cutouts and spoiler blade are in for paint. More to follow!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll assume that was a question...lol. But I have no idea what the status of them is. They are at the shop, which is about an hour from me. I haven't even bothered to check in on them.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While the blade is in being painted, I let my inner ricer fly...

And for Christmas, I got three metal wall cabinets...assembled and ready to hang!

Hung!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing going on. Car is sitting.
Bought some J-Speed fender braces for the Si and some Mugen lug nuts for the TSX...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing new to report really.
As a requirement for running The Dragon Hillclimb, a race near the Dragon, I went ahead and picked up a roll bar mount to attach the required fire extinguisher to. Also, I pulled out the double DIN deck and wired up the harness for it connecting to the car. The stack of things to install grows...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This just in! Spoiler blade and cutouts are done! A friend is going to swing by to pick them up for me and I'll get them from him on Saturday =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A buddy swung by the paint shop for me, as its an hour from my house, and picked up my stuff. Getting it from him tomorrow when I head out his way. And as a friendly joke, he made sure to lay out the items with his Subaru flags...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I collected the parts on Saturday, but no movement yet. It was a very busy weekend, all while trying to get over some sinus issues. But, I did order some blades for the body saw...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
New Spoon items arrived =)

Then a saw a racecar on the skreets. Electrical tape pillar pod, meat thermometer...thing was legit.

And since I was feeling down about the epic racecar sighting, I tried to cheer myself up. Tossed the spoiler back on...after taking the whole roll of body wrap off of it. Buddy at the shop had it very protected...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday was a tad cold. But I did manage to get a little work in. I really need to go and fill my extra propane tanks for the heater...haha!
Moving things around to get the Si more centered in the garage for the work...

:D

First fender (just out of the box from Honda and fresh paint from the full spray, no pressure!) off and ready for destruction!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yesterday I was able to get to the driver side. With that, I saw a box and remembered I had those fender braces to install as well...whoops! Almost forgot!

And then I promptly removed them...they dont clear the cutouts. So, JSpeed braces will be for sale. I'll probably get the J's as they are a flat version, but still, I'm not 100% they will clear. We shall see...