Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, Sunday I took the car out for a short ride, since I wasn't able to make Cars and Coffee on Saturday. First time driving it since Dec 5th! Being the first drive, I needed to bed in the new brake pads. Spoon plus Hawk HP+...super braking...lol. Like my second higher speed braking resulted in locking up and much smoke...lol. But, no flat spots on the tires =)

And the new owner of the Buddy Club bucket picked up the seat after the short ride...Buddy Club side mount bracket is now for sale...lol.

No seat, no driving...

Buddy Club safely in its new home. My buddies legit EF7, yes, the seat is on the right side, its not an edit to the photo...and yes, that other seat is my old Buddy Club recliner, he bought those from me too...haha...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, so here's a little of the little that's been going on...haha. Obviously baby girl has been the story as of late. But I've snuck out here and there to fiddle with the car, while momma and baby enjoy the nice weather.

First, presenting my baby girl!!! :D

My wife and mother in law said she looks just like me, right from the beginning. I didn't see it right off. After looking at my baby pics (left) and hers (right)...yeah, that's my girl!!

Start her right!

Mugen Monday?

And back to our regularly scheduled program...

PCI brackets, left and right, arrived a day early...good thing too, scheduled was baby day!...haha.

As you saw above, with baby girl sitting in, the seats arrived. They actually came in early. The freight company called during the delivery of my daughter...I let that one go to voicemail...not that I actually saw the call come in. Seats just chilling in the car, out of the way.

Removed the CTR armrest delete...never really liked it. I think they look pretty horrible, really. Buddy hooked it up with an old USDM delete, in proper color code. Needs a little adjustment, but it looks far better.

Preparing the PCI bracket for the driver side. Needed more hardware, since obtained.

And I had The Visual Laboratory update my rendering...

And with my update, the Dragon event co-founder rendering was updated...

And the Spoon banner will be removed in order to help promote the Dragon event :D

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just a few things going on...haha. But at the same time, not much at all.

Thanks! We are worn out, but very happy!

Thanks, Evasive took great care of me again on seats!

I think I have a problem...ignore the tires that don't fit...

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Just a few things going on...haha. But at the same time, not much at all.

Thanks! We are worn out, but very happy!

Thanks, Evasive took great care of me again on seats!

I think I have a problem...ignore the tires that don't fit...

what are the dimensions?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wheels are 15x8 +30/33...but beyond that, I'm not sure. I'll find out Monday if they clear...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Managed to get both seats in the other night, but only one photo before dark, and only one seat in at the time. I still need to adjust the e-brake handle as you can see its raised a bit. Also, I'll be changing the mounting location of the inner lap belts for both seats, so tweaking to be done. Also I'll likely mess with the sub harness mounting a bit...never ending!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn this car just keeps getting better. congrats on the baby!
Thanks, on both accounts! :D

Ok, so here are some updates!

Seats in!

As seen in a previous post, I changed out the CTR armrest delete to a USDM delete. Adjustments could not be made to make the e-brake sit down flush and fully release the brake. So, I did what anyone would do, I cut the USDM delete to make it fit! And with that, I decided to change out the black and silver Momo handle that I had been using for my OLD, 2002 era black and blue Momo. I felt like a little change...and the blue Cusco door bars gave a little color to the outside, so why not add a little in the middle :D

And the Work CR01 came in last Monday. I pulled them out on Tues to have a look...

Friday, I got a few things done to prepare for Cars and Coffee the next day.

Test fit the Work's...

The Work's didn't work...haha. The +35 with an extra 10mm of spacing still wouldn't clear the Spoon calipers. You can kind of see in the second photo the wheel still kicked out some. And even if it had cleared at +25, I wouldn't have run them. I'd have needed flares to fit them properly with a correct 225/45 tire. So, I sold them.

Cars and Coffee prep also consisted of removing the Spoon banner...

Because Attack The Dragon banner. Need to promote our event! Perspective is a little off with the Dragon on one side and short text on the other. There might be a little tilt, but I'm happy with the results. I may try again when I have some help, as I have another banner I can use. But I'd say not bad considering I had no help...haha.

And a buddy wanted me to test the PWGayDM carbon fog covers since I have a carbon duct on the other side. Not as bad as I expected, but its not my flavor at all.

Rolled back in the garage to charge up the battery...

Cars and Coffee snaps of the old turd. Carried the Work's out to deliver to the new owner.

Prints of Spoon! And a print of my car with the updated rendering.

And being that the OEM belts are completely non functional with the double buckets...bye bye!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man!!

Drove the car to the store yesterday. Loved it...haha!

Measured the Dragon banner, its perspective tilt. By laying it alone, freehand, I was within an eighth of an inch of drop on each corner. BOOM!!! Haha!

And being that I had the car out yesterday, I put the eye bolt in on the outer side of the passenger belt system. Next will be get the car in the air to drill holes to mount the inner for each side. They will be eye bolts also, large fender washers on the inside and 4x4 heavy steel plates in the exhaust tunnel.

So, some photos before tossing back in the garage...

And the Work's when on my homies EF7...like my former Buddy Club seats...haha. Test fit photo, but tires are on now and such. I'll provide a ground photo later.

[/U]

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I was selected to display my car at a new show hosted by a local team/club. They put on some amazing events. This one was called Elite 75. Submissions were made a while back and they selected the top, you guessed it, 75. I wasn't planning on even trying, thinking I wouldn't even get in. The event was this past Sunday...so I washed my car...haha. The even was intended to be all indoors. Plans were approved by the facility and fire marshal. When they loaded us all in, the fire marshal went nuts and made a lot of cars leave. So we were an overflow to the indoor section, but not forgotten! Random photos below. A couple are my pics but mostly pics from people shooting at the event.

Mine...

Photographers/others

And what I was really not expecting...

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
being humble is very admirable, but you definitely deserve that trophy lol. the car is sick! that crx looks pretty awesome on those cr01's too id love to see a few pics

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. I was really not expecting getting in, let alone the award. There are some seriously high caliber builds around.

The CRX is very nice. And he's bought several things from me too..haha. But I'll try and load some other photos of it and share =)

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks awesome man, I like those wheels a lot more on the crx too!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats on the award!