1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Change...EM1 content

Discussion in '6th Gen Honda Civic Builds / Show Offs' started by mportedcivicsi, Nov 25, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. mportedcivicsi

mportedcivicsi Respected Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Slow going around there. Cars been covered for a bit. But looking to put it on stands and have the engine out by Friday. Parts are ordered and coming in. Winter down time is moving along...

endo617 likes this.
  2. endo617

endo617 Respected Registered VIP

I've slowed it done a lot also, engine is out but I need to deliver it to the builder. Can't too see your progress.

mportedcivicsi likes this.
  3. mportedcivicsi

Yeah, my big hold up was getting the time to do anything. But now I've got the engine out and I'm ready to do what I've got on plan.

Little Christmas goodies =)

VIR...
    [​IMG]

NCCAR...
    [​IMG]

Tail of the Dragon...
    [​IMG]

AIM Solo :D
    [​IMG]

And with the car, I ordered QuickLatch hardware for the bumper at the fender. No more screws in the fender.
    [​IMG]

Parts, not overnight, from Japan...
    [​IMG]

Car is up, and the work has started.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, bye bye Top1 diffuser...
    [​IMG]

MACE and blandsarcasm like this.
  4. blandsarcasm

blandsarcasm Respected

damn man tearing into it! that dragon run map is really cool

5. mportedcivicsi

Yeah man. Time to get busy and get ready for next season.

Yeah, I really like that Dragon map. I'm going to contact the company to see if they can do the track cutout as well.

endo617 and blandsarcasm like this.
  6. blandsarcasm

blandsarcasm Respected

How are you planning using those quick latches for the bumper? I've been contemplating doing some type of quick release for my front bumper because it has to come off to get it up on the alignment rack and I hate those rubber band types

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mportedcivicsi

They will go in the side of the bumper, in a similar location to where people put those junky rubber bands. And I have brackets I picked up from a guy on IG that mount inside the fender area to hold the QuickLatch stud.

endo617 likes this.
  8. blandsarcasm

blandsarcasm Respected

Damn that's similar to how I imagined. I was thinking of using a straight piece of aluminum to bridge the bumper and fender on the inside. Quick latch on the bumper and a fancy downstar fender washer or something similar with a lock nut up on the fender. Either that or a 90 bend bracket mounted to where the bumper normally screws to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi likes this.
  9. mportedcivicsi

No work has been done since last. TSX will be gone on Friday, so I'll try and get things in order to start making forward progress. But parts are coming in here and there. More on Friday =)

HPI Japan oil cooler kit...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

K-Tuned radiator mounting kit. Undecided on it currently. Possibly moving to the ASR kit, found after my order was placed with K-Tuned...
    [​IMG]

MACE, endo617 and blandsarcasm like this.
  10. mportedcivicsi

Well, Friday we officially became K free! So glad to have that freaking thing gone. Overall its a nice car, but I HATE K and the transmissions in them. Had it been an auto, I might not have hated it as much. But its off to a good home in Dragon country now =) I'll see it in the fall.

[​IMG]

DC2 Koyo showed up Friday as well...
    [​IMG]

Started pulling the harness apart on Monday...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll be deleting these, along with the oil pressure switch that isn't used on the JDM engine, EVAP canister and fuel rail plug, primary O2 sensor lead and the crank sensor plug.
    [​IMG]

Clean...now to the delete work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sold the AP1 wheel...ready to box and ship =)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    endo617, pmac193 and blandsarcasm like this.
  11. endo617

endo617 Respected Registered VIP

I'm not the only one busy I see Lol. Nice work bro, can't wait to see what April brings. Good luck.

12. mportedcivicsi

Trying to get a few things done...haha.

Removed the OEM ITR heat exchanger and looped the line back to the block. Pulled the black box and pulled the 14mm allen freeze plugs to install the Endyne breather -AN adaptors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blandsarcasm likes this.
  13. mportedcivicsi

Still slow going around here. Ran out to Honda to pick up an order back on Friday. Then I finished pulling a couple plugs off of the engine harness and started to get it fitted on the engine to prepare for loom. Freeze plug went into the OEM PCV black box location. Attempted to put the oil cooler sandwich plate on, but it hits the main coolant tube just above it. Its designed to sit on top of the OEM oil heat exchanger for spacing. So I decided to just go with an oil filter relocation vice using the heat exchanger. I debated it before, but now I'm sure of it. I also ordered my hub and disconnect at the same time as the filter relocation kit. Also arriving was my ASR order that included the radiator mount kit, harness retention/reel, a shirt and of course, stickers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've had these NT03 for a while now and have done nothing with them...other than list them back for sale...haha. No real bites, so I grabbed some used BFG Rivals to toss on them to have around as some extra/ backup wheels. I dropped them at Honda while I was out there to have my buddy mount them up. I'll get them back when he is able to do my 949's also. I'm having him rotate/flip the R-S3's on the 949's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

endo617 and blandsarcasm like this.
  14. mportedcivicsi

Baby keeps getting the daycare crud. Wife got it...now maybe I have it. Work is busy. Car sits in the garage.

Works Bell hub and release came in, as well as the new wheel...
    [​IMG]

MACE and blandsarcasm like this.