1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Change...EM1 content

Discussion in '6th Gen Honda Civic Builds / Show Offs' started by mportedcivicsi, Nov 25, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. mportedcivicsi

mportedcivicsi Respected Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I really hope that I can get finished up for the Dragon. I'd really like to have it done and ready for a track day in Sept. But I'm not pushing to dates, it'll get done eventually...haha. I'll be at the Dragon regardless of the car status though.

blandsarcasm likes this.
  2. mportedcivicsi

I've become a victim of the Photobucket scam of wanting $400 a year for my photos be seen. So, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. But I did get the last coat of paint down and I had the WireWorx firewall plate as well as the ASR radiator bottom brackets powder coated. OEM Honda order should be picked up today. And I'll start assembling as soon as the paint is cured. As of last night, I was not ready...it's been rather humid here, so it may take a while.

3. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Me too.

I just directly upload pics to CC using the Upload a File feature.

4. mportedcivicsi

Yeah, but the problem with that, everything over the last 7 years that I have posted in here is "gone" in a sense. Hopefully they reverse this insane policy because of the backlash. $400/yr is ridiculous. But I'll have to look at this direct option. I'm too old to even realize it was an option I guess...lol. I'm just used to having to host and post.

5. mportedcivicsi

So here are the current pics then with direct upload. Test fit the radiator and mocked up the firewall plate and ASR brackets. I finished painting on Monday! And 24hr turn around on powder for my parts. Matte black metallic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

I would just delete all of my kidnapped PB pics, if I could remember my username and password. :P

mportedcivicsi likes this.
  7. blandsarcasm

blandsarcasm Respected Registered VIP

Jump on the Flickr bandwagon. It's nicer than PB anyway. PB has always been assholes with their usage limitations. So many older threads have no photos thanks to them it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mportedcivicsi

I'm going to look at them again. I didn't really like Flickr back when I looked at them before. And I always hate dealing with them after an event and someone loads to it. But it also goes back to fixing all 7,500 broken links in various threads now. Its really irritating.

9. mportedcivicsi

Officially have things going back together! It'll still be slow, but its the right direction!

PCI upper arms, with Downstar hardware.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wiring getting sorted. WireWorx headlight harness was run through the door harness boot, but by cutting a corner from the boot as I've seen done far too many times. And the wiper motor harness was pulled inside, along with everything else, and run out through the hood release grommet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oil cooler was an easy add, so I tossed it on. Engine mounts are also in place.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 7:47 PM
    blandsarcasm and ImportFan1 like this.
  10. mportedcivicsi

Finally. Ordered the extended spherical ball joints from ESM on May 2. Without going into all the details, I got a few different stories to the problem. But they offered me their spherical tie rod ends as an apology. The order arrived yesterday.

They look well made. But don't order if you're on a tight timeline. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    endo617 likes this.
  11. blandsarcasm

blandsarcasm Respected Registered VIP

This is looking so damn clean. Makes me really want to tear my car back apart over winter. I really like that headlight harness too. I'm in for feedback on those suspension pieces when you get them on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. mportedcivicsi

Huge update. Crash bar back in place. [​IMG]

13. mportedcivicsi

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to getting all of these items to work. I've decided to change directions when this is back together. I had plans to pull the car again this winter, or just keep rolling if its not ready for the Dragon, and gut the interior for overhaul. I've decided not to do this. I've had the car down for the greater part of 3 years now and I'm sick of working on it. I need to get back out and enjoy the thing. I think that I'm just going to address a few things inside and then leave it be for the most part. Should I ever decide to put a full cage in, that is when I'll do the major overhaul to the interior.

blandsarcasm likes this.
  14. mportedcivicsi

Started hanging the headlight harness... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ImportFan1 likes this.
  15. pmac193

pmac193 Thundermuff Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Awesome stuff! Love the color

16. JBav

JBav New Member

17. mportedcivicsi

I see the quote, but no response. Did I miss something?

18. endo617

endo617 Respected Registered VIP

Can't wait to see the finished product out there shredding the track, what's the ETA?

19. mportedcivicsi

Me too. ETA, eventually.

endo617 likes this.
  20. endo617

endo617 Respected Registered VIP

Don't blame if you take this year off, it's a lot to do.