Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FS: - picked up in Carrollton, VA

$3,500 - 1996 Spec B18C-R, 31k miles at time of swap, added maybe 10k to that but more specific mileage can be detailed when I pull my records. Toda Spec A cams with Toda cam gears installed. Internally stock otherwise. Included is a P28 with S300 v3 tuned for the current setup. Made 203.5 and around 145tq. Various black Downstar hardware. Amsoil Signature oil used from the time of swap to current. Always short cycled, always clean when changed. HAMP short filters used.

Toda v2 header not included, but can be negotiated. As can the CT intake system. Spoon gen 1 valve cover pictured is not included, but can be negotiated. Random B VTEC cover will be installed.

$1,500 picked up. S4C transmission with GearSpeed carbon syncros and Spoon LSD.

NON rolling, clean title, shell available. Nearly new paint since its been down and garaged most of the time after paint. Freshly painted battleship grey bay and front wheel wells. Starting at $2,000 and will go up based on numerous options of parts that can be included.

More photos available upon request.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No April fools...

Started pulling the dash out. Its unbolted and the wiring is just being pulled down to get the dash out. That's rather a freaking pain...lol. Glad its only coming out and not going back in.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
No April fools...

Started pulling the dash out. Its unbolted and the wiring is just being pulled down to get the dash out. That's rather a freaking pain...lol. Glad its only coming out and not going back in.
Ive done the wiring twice, its easy. Don't give up, I have some changes coming too

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ive done the wiring twice, its easy. Don't give up, I have some changes coming too
Its got nothing to do with the wiring. Wiring is a cake walk. Its FS because I do not get enjoyment from working on it anymore, haven't for some time. Plus my family. I have no desire to work on it as I'd rather spend my time with them. And when I was going to events last year, all I was thinking about was how fast I can get home to them. Not about enjoying the time at the track or wherever I was. I just wanted to get home to them. So if the shell, engine and trans go, its all going. If those items don't move, there isn't any point in selling the other stuff. I'm not trying to be stuck with the 3 bigger things. We'll see. If we list our house in the spring, I'll have to do something with it to at least get it rolling...or hauled away for scrap.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Its got nothing to do with the wiring. Wiring is a cake walk. Its FS because I do not get enjoyment from working on it anymore, haven't for some time. Plus my family. I have no desire to work on it as I'd rather spend my time with them. And when I was going to events last year, all I was thinking about was how fast I can get home to them. Not about enjoying the time at the track or wherever I was. I just wanted to get home to them. So if the shell, engine and trans go, its all going. If those items don't move, there isn't any point in selling the other stuff. I'm not trying to be stuck with the 3 bigger things. We'll see. If we list our house in the spring, I'll have to do something with it to at least get it rolling...or hauled away for scrap.
Damn, I feel you. I'm actually going back to my EF project, getting rid of my 4 door and just bought a CRV. People were shocked but again it's love lose, 4 door os boring me.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While it is FS, I do need to get things out of the cabin that do not convey. No interest, serious interest anyway, so if that continues, I'll end up getting back together eventually.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, if you follow my IG, you've seen this stuff. But with zero interest in the shell, I'm going to try and move forward. Everyone that I've encountered that was looking for a shell actually wants a showroom EM1 with all VIN matching everything. And ideally the engine. Clearly not looking for a shell...lol.

Anyway, I grabbed some PCI floor plates. Enjoyed playing in the seats with my daughter, she loves these things...lol. Always wants to go sit in them. Test fit the plates, which I have to actually install flipped to clear the Cusco door bars. But it's fine. I didn't want to hack them up. And then I pulled the cover over the car because I was sick of looking at it...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then I cut out the new hole for the harness. Actually opened it up more than what's seen. But you get the idea. Had to trim some inside too.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And I finally had a enough of a dip at work that I could take some time off. So I knocked out removing the sound deadening in the cabin. Dry ice and 91% isopropyl alcohol mix. Worked great!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice work man! Glad you stuck with it. I think my sol might turn the track car corner in the future, its beyond aesthetic restoration :lol:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll be happy when I'm past all of the work, but I just won't be as happy as having it gone. It'll be under a cover most of the time and just sitting. But its all good. I'll get there eventually. Be sure you want to go all in to convert, I think that's part of the reason I'm not as happy with the car...lol. I enjoy double duty too much and its really tough to double what I've gotten myself into.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everything looks great - I would caution that you should not use those rubber heater plugs/blockers on your engine. They have a tendency to become brittle and crack overtime due to heat temperature cycling. Some people go out of their way to weld true metal plugs onto their bays but I chose just to "loop" the two together, which leaves me the freedom to run heat again in the future.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I read about people using them (track cars) and just changing them out once a year. With as little as I drive the car, even once a year will be more than needed probably. But I'll def keep an eye on them. I ran a loop and it was just a sloppy mess with the size of the loop to keep the hose from any binding. If the caps do become a problem, then sloppy mess it shall be...haha. But thanks for sharing the consideration there! Not everyone would have done any real research on it.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So not much really going on. But here are the things.

Old TrackLifeComposites cutouts and OEM fenders are sold and with their new owner.

Worked on the seam sealer cleanup.

4P CNC ported oil pump purchased.

Lemon Tundra ditched and replaced with a 2004 Tahoe Z71.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Annual Attack The Dragon Meet. Took my father in law's 1994, original owner, Miata since the Si was down. And because I'd been driving it the last two months due to turd Tundra. Awesome meet as always!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Parked in front of the Dragon at the Killboy store, over of our sponsors, and started smoking and leaking coolant. Luckily it was a hole in the heater core hose. Cut off and re-fit.

Rolled 80k on the Miata coming home.

Finished the seam sealer clean up. Now to clean up the seam sealer mess.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Minimal updates. Got the seam sealer all cleaned up. Laid out and drilled the holes for the PCI floor plates. Started cleaning up the garage because the mess was getting on my last nerve. Next will be to finish cleaning the interior and prepare for primer. Then on to the battleship grey coating.