change lighting in stock radio

darkstormcr

5+ Year Member
Is it possible to change the lighting in the stock 92-95 stereo deck? I changed the cluster and climate control to amber, but my radio is still that puke white/green backlighting. Anyone tried this?

I'm getting a new system soon, but my OCD needs priority :x

matttitaly8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it possible to change the lighting in the stock 92-95 stereo deck? I changed the cluster and climate control to amber, but my radio is still that puke white/green backlighting. Anyone tried this?

That sounds like a waste of time. Just by your new head set. Im not saying amberizing your stuff is a waste of time becasue i did it to but to do your radio is. Just go and by a new headset. If you really want to just grab a screw driver and ripp that baby apart.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Get a CRV head unit, they light up amber from factory.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you feel comfortable opening up your headunit, then by all means do it. The bulb will be right behind the face plate. it will have a green condom. You can yank it and paint the bulb with stained glass paint (I did my climate control like this), or you can shell out so money for an amber bulb.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

i was always under the impression that this wasnt possible. maybe i'm wrong. but this is what i did:
Get a CRV head unit, they light up amber from factory.
i have a '97 Prelude head unit. it lights up amber. it is a Premium Sound head unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-Honda-Prelude-Stock-Radio-CD-With-cage-Cup-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ260287304020

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Another stupid thread.
if your not going to answer his question, or offer a helpful comment, then next time don't even post!

You been warned and infracted.