change stock radio LEDs to a different color?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i want to change my radio (its amber right now) to blue, what leds should i buy and does anybody know how to do this? please helpp!!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tried it.. but gave up just got a clarion deck it allows for custom color choice.. lol

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think im just going to go with an amber gauge cluster to match the radio (its from an si) and then do an amber climate control. shouldnt look too bad. can i ask you where you ordered your bulbs from for your car? i ordered the blue ones in my car from autolumination.com and im not satisfied, im going to try superbrightleds.com, if i just buy amber bulbs will they atleast closely match my radio?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
i think im just going to go with an amber gauge cluster to match the radio (its from an si) and then do an amber climate control. shouldnt look too bad. can i ask you where you ordered your bulbs from for your car? i ordered the blue ones in my car from autolumination.com and im not satisfied, im going to try superbrightleds.com, if i just buy amber bulbs will they atleast closely match my radio?
ive purchased a LOT of bulbs from them and have yet to be let down... if done with the bulbs from that company AS i state in my signature.. it will come out like mine.. and im pleased with that result..

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cvcc said:
well my radio is already amber so im going to just get the gauge lights for amber now i think.

oc_civic said:
Quote:
"Lordofdark176" said:
ive purchased a LOT of bulbs from them and have yet to be let down... if done with the bulbs from that company AS i state in my signature.. it will come out like mine.. and im pleased with that result..
wait are you saying superbrightleds.com is good and autolumination.com sucks balls or the other way around, couldnt really tell by your post. also how many bulbs did you have to add to get a nice effect? i want to know approxamately how many extra bulbs to order.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
well my radio is already amber so im going to just get the gauge lights for amber now i think.

wait are you saying superbrightleds.com is good and autolumination.com sucks balls or the other way around, couldnt really tell by your post. also how many bulbs did you have to add to get a nice effect? i want to know approxamately how many extra bulbs to order.
superbrightled is who i use..

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay, were the dim spots that bad with yours? actually nvm we have different gauge cluster layouts so that wouldnt make sense, but did you just use another bulb from superbrightleds to fill in your dim spots or did you buy standard leds from radioshack?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
okay, were the dim spots that bad with yours? actually nvm we have different gauge cluster layouts so that wouldnt make sense, but did you just use another bulb from superbrightleds to fill in your dim spots or did you buy standard leds from radioshack?
superbrightled LED with an autometer wedge bulb socket